Thread: Mandolin Practice group in Kansas City

Default Mandolin Practice group in Kansas City

I am starting a mandolin practice group that will meet in the Gladstone area. Players of any experience level with any type of mandolin are welcome. A guitar or two would be great, too.

I’d like for the group to eventually get good enough to perform in public, but in the meantime, meeting people with a common interest is fun, and playing with a group is a great incentive to practice and improve your skills.

I have access to tons of great arrangements of traditional, classical, and original compositions arranged for 3 parts by Evelyn Castiglioni.

Please search on Facebook for Kansas City Mandolin Practice Group and join us!

As soon as we have some people signed up we will determine a good monthly practice time. We might go to twice a month after a while.

Professional Cat Herder Phil Vinyard's Avatar

Default Re: Mandolin Practice group in Kansas City

Make sure and let your members know about The Mandolin Orchestra of Kansas City http://www.mookc.com/ . We're starting rehearsals again on Wednesdays in mid August and are always looking for more mandolin players in the KC area.
    Phil Vinyard
    Gibson Jam Master F Standard #12 May 13, 2009
    Gibson Model A #67336 ca. 1921
    Harwood Bowlback ca. 1900
    Trinity College TM-325 Octave Mandolin
    Freshwater Mandocello
    Krutz 200 Upright Bass

Default Re: Mandolin Practice group in Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vinyard View Post
    Make sure and let your members know about The Mandolin Orchestra of Kansas City http://www.mookc.com/ . We're starting rehearsals again on Wednesdays in mid August and are always looking for more mandolin players in the KC area.
    Yes! I’ve found out about Mookc and hope to join them for the upcoming season. As I understand it, their mission is to focus more on works written specifically for mandolin orchestra. That’s great, and I’d love to be part of that, but I participated in Evelyn Castiglioni’s Practice group when I lived in Texas and really learned a lot. Evelyn has arranged hundreds of traditional and original pieces arranged for three parts (melody plus harmony and descant). They are wonderful arrangements, and I would love to get a group going to work on and perform them, along with other materials.

Please join me, and invite other players in the KC area!!