Thread: Bill Collings Signature

Default Bill Collings Signature

My question is I have a 2006 Collings MT S/N 1258 and it has a signature on the label. I am wondering if it might be Bill Collings' signature? Not that it matters a whole lot but, just curious. I don't know if he signed any mandolins let alone MT's.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1821.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	282.6 KB 
ID:	177795
    I hope the photo of the label shows up.

Default Re: Bill Collings Signature

I know I've seen some other threads about his signature that go into more detail than I have the ability to do but he signed most of the labels. I think I read that even after his death some labels were likely to bear his signature as he signed them ahead of time in batches but I might be wrong about that.

My 2004 MT S/N 365 most definitely has his signature on the label.

3. The following members say thank you to Retsin2000 for this post:

My 2005 MF5V sn 478 has a signature. Are there any older mandolins that don’t?
    Mitch Lawyer

Collings MF5V, Schwab #101 5 string
    1918 Gibson A, 1937 Gibson T-50 tenor guitar
    Jones OM, Hums bowlback

I’m not sure I want to talk about Collings if they’re not threatening anyone. Though they do make really nice mandolins!

Those blood sucking, money grubbing Collings folks. The nerve of them raising their prices.

I guess it won't affect me. Couldn't afford an F then, can't now. Gilchrist and Ellis are dastardly demons too.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Quote Originally Posted by Br1ck View Post
    Those blood sucking, money grubbing Collings folks. The nerve of them raising their prices.

I guess it won't affect me. Couldn't afford an F then, can't now. Gilchrist and Ellis are dastardly demons too.
    Funny though, I was borrowing a $100 Stagg for a long time and I couldn’t afford an Ashbury Octave mandolin until I suddenly thought, wait a minute I’m a mandolinist. This is what mandolinists have. Cars etc. are not important, but I must have this mandolin.
    Br1ck, it’s only a matter of time!

Quote Originally Posted by atsunrise View Post
    Funny though, I was borrowing a $100 Stagg for a long time and I couldn’t afford an Ashbury Octave mandolin until I suddenly thought, wait a minute I’m a mandolinist. This is what mandolinists have. Cars etc. are not important, but I must have this mandolin.
    Br1ck, it’s only a matter of time!
    Yes, I've been thinking I really should buy something like a Collings Deluxe in honor of my Honda CRV's 200,000 milestone. When I retired, it had 192,000 on it. Took six years to clock 8,000 more. Given that I've put 240,000 or more on two different Hondas, they will likely pull my license before I need another car. So the new car kitty goes into mandolins instead.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Br1ck For This Useful Post: