Thread: Using DPA4099 Wirelessly

Lord of All Badgers Lord of the Badgers's Avatar

Default Using DPA4099 Wirelessly

As per subject.
    Obviously I have to power the mic...
    Don't think my line6 g50 will do that?!! I know I can get the DAD6010 to connect to the g50 but I'm doubting the phantom power thing.
    Think I sort of asked this before but any advice is welcome. I have already stood on the wire and pulled the mic off once - I'm used to wireless as I move a LOT onstage - but seeking a sound better than the k&ks.
    So this is why I prefer not to be cabled.

Apologies for sketchy way of asking - am not the most audio tech aware of people!
    My name is Rob, and I am Lord of All Badgers

Tenor Guitars: Acoustic: Mcilroy ASP10T, ‘59 Martin 0-18t. Electric: ‘57 Gibson ETG-150, ‘80s Manson Kestrel
    Mandolins: Davidson f5, A5 "Badgerlin".
    Bouzouki: Paul Shippey Axe
    My band's website

Default Re: Using DPA4099 Wirelessly

The 4099 only needs a small amount of voltage called "bias power" that the XLR adapter steps down from the mixer's phantom power. Wireless transmitters (body packs) supply that, if they're designed to work with small lavalier-type vocal mics. I'm not familiar with the G50 system, but if it uses the same transmitter for guitar and lavalier mics, it might supply bias power. Check with Line6 about that, if nobody else here chimes in with the info.

You'll also need an adapter for the DPA's micro dot plug. They're available for all the common wireless systems, although being a DPA product they're ridiculously expensive for that tiny bit of metal.

I used a wireless setup with my 4099 for a while, an older Sennheiser analog system. It was great! No more stepping on cables, and you can sound check the PA out in the audience area if the volume levels aren't too extreme.

Yeah a bunch of us are wireless and we do just that. One of us goes out and checks it all. It’s all a part of what we do anyway, get out in the crowd. I was watching Curtis Eller the other week playing & he’s got the newer Line6 G10s unit for his banjo. Very good bit of kit that and very reasonable. Will be good for my electric tenor.
    OK i have a lead here on what to research, i’ll check that out, thank you.
    I knew about the DaD6010... you can get eBay things for 1/3 the price, but i’d be worried they won’t work as advertised.

Tenor Guitars: Acoustic: Mcilroy ASP10T, ‘59 Martin 0-18t. Electric: ‘57 Gibson ETG-150, ‘80s Manson Kestrel
    My band's website

Well seeing as i need the DAD6010 anyway, might as well get one - if it’s a no-go I will make sure that I can send it back!
    Ah, the site lists a couple of Line6 units but not the TBP12/G50 setup. Might be a no-go....

My band's website

Oh HOORAH!!!!

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/any...#post-20226609

Thanks Foldedpath took some serious google skills...

My band's website

A footnote - got it. Works like a charm. Awesome. Just needed to change to a mic setting on the amp as one would expect!
    Cheers FP!

My band's website