Thread: Looking for a Lesson

Default Looking for a Lesson

Folks,
    Wasn't sure where to post this, but wanted to ask if anyone has a link to the "mandolin lesson" where the guy is showing how the layout of the mandolin works. He explains that the highest open string is E, and if you go up to first fret, it's D#, then D, etc. No, I didn't type that wrong, he actually put out a video stating that. Haven't seen it in years and want to send it to a friend for humor's sake.

Default Re: Looking for a Lesson

Quote Originally Posted by hattio View Post
    Folks,
    Wasn't sure where to post this, but wanted to ask if anyone has a link to the "mandolin lesson" where the guy is showing how the layout of the mandolin works. He explains that the highest open string is E, and if you go up to first fret, it's D#, then D, etc. No, I didn't type that wrong, he actually put out a video stating that. Haven't seen it in years and want to send it to a friend for humor's sake.
    I remember that video and was thinking of it recently as well for some reason. No idea how to find it though....

Default Re: Looking for a Lesson

Wasn't that part of the first Walmart Mandolin string?

Nope, i just looked through it. I know it was posted on here recently, though. It's the only way I'd have seen it and I did see it.
    --------------------------------
    1920 Lyon & Healy bowlback
    1923 Gibson A-1 snakehead
    1952 Strad-o-lin
    1983 Giannini ABSM1 bandolim
    2009 Giannini GBSM3 bandolim
    2011 Eastman MD305