Thread: kermin mandolin

Default kermin mandolin

Hello,

After seeking a Kermin mandolin for quite some time now, with very little luck, I’m realizing the probability is slim to none. What is a good alternative to this mandolin?

Thanks,
    Demetrius

Default Re: kermin mandolin

A Labraid Grand Concert, or something else by Brian Dean, is going to be the closest thing. The construction of the Grand Concert is similar, though it doesn't have the "chimneys" which connect the soundholes to the inner lower sound chamber. I might be able to put you in touch with the owner of a Kerman and a couple Labraids, who would be the best person to describe them relative to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Jacobson View Post
    A Labraid Grand Concert, or something else by Brian Dean, is going to be the closest thing. The construction of the Grand Concert is similar, though it doesn't have the "chimneys" which connect the soundholes to the inner lower sound chamber. I might be able to put you in touch with the owner of a Kerman and a couple Labraids, who would be the best person to describe them relative to each other.
    Hey Marty,
    Thank you so much for your feedback. It’s very much appreciated man...
    I had the opportunity to play a Kermin mandolin and really couldn’t believe what I was hearing/feeling when playing it...

Any other suggestions?