Thread: Cumberland Acoustic’s

Default Cumberland Acoustic’s

It’s taken me sometime to realize Mandolins are strange and wonderful instruments that requires a skilled professional to make them their best. I sent a Mandolin to Steve at Cumberland Acoustic’s for a Cumberland Bridge, fit and setup. I received my Mandolin back in less than one week and wow it has a richer tone and plays great. I am really happy with it.
    It makes me wonder how many folks end up selling by not being satisfied when all they really need is a new Bridge or Nut? Don’t get me wrong not all Mandolins can be made to sound and play great, but I have sold some Mandolins in the past that I wished I had kept and tired a different setup. For some reason I kept thinking if a Mandolin was new or expensive and made by a company like Gibson or Weber it shouldn’t require such things, I guess the longer you play the more you learn. I admire those who can do their own setup, but I think I’ll leave it to Cumberland Acoustic’s as I typically do more damage than good.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cumberland Acoustic’s

Sloppy Joe, I recently had a new Cumberland Acoustics bridge installed on my F-5 and It has worked out nicely. The bridge I replaced was a poorly fitted after market addition put on by the previous owner that was difficult to intonate. I took the new Cumberland Acoustics bridge and mandolin to professionals near our home and they did the job right. I think sending it to Steve would have been an excellent path as well!

Steve is the man!

I had him refret an A5L with EVO and make a custom pickguard for it as well.....Steve and his team did an amazing job!

Sent it from California, and got it back in 2 weeks, including shipping time.

a friend just bought a gibson acoustic guitar from a local shop for around 2200.00 plus 12% sales tax brand new . it had fret buzz and they wanted 100.00 more for a set up . hmmm .....

I highly recommend Steve and the CA folks for great mandolin set up work. Oh, and there's a bonus there too: lots of laughs!

Same here. I called them and received the best customer service from beginning to end!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogle View Post
    I highly recommend Steve and the CA folks for great mandolin set up work. Oh, and there's a bonus there too: lots of laughs!

I’ve had Steve do a number of things on different mandolins for me, and always a pleasure and a great job!

I really look like that soliver's Avatar

I've never had Steve do any set up work for me, but have ordered a good deal of hardware for various and sundry things I've the last couple of years, and 120% agree with all of the above. He a great guy and great to work with!
    aka: Spencer
    Silverangel Econo A #429
    Soliver #001 & #002: A double stack of Pancakes.

Soliver Hand Crafted Mandolins and Mandolin Armrests
    Armrests Here -- Mandolins Here

"You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage
    to lose sight of the shore, ...and also a boat with no holes in it.” -anonymous