Thread: Cumberland Acousticís

Default Cumberland Acousticís

Itís taken me sometime to realize Mandolins are strange and wonderful instruments that requires a skilled professional to make them their best. I sent a Mandolin to Steve at Cumberland Acousticís for a Cumberland Bridge, fit and setup. I received my Mandolin back in less than one week and wow it has a richer tone and plays great. I am really happy with it.
    It makes me wonder how many folks end up selling by not being satisfied when all they really need is a new Bridge or Nut? Donít get me wrong not all Mandolins can be made to sound and play great, but I have sold some Mandolins in the past that I wished I had kept and tired a different setup. For some reason I kept thinking if a Mandolin was new or expensive and made by a company like Gibson or Weber it shouldnít require such things, I guess the longer you play the more you learn. I admire those who can do their own setup, but I think Iíll leave it to Cumberland Acousticís as I typically do more damage than good.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cumberland Acousticís

Sloppy Joe, I recently had a new Cumberland Acoustics bridge installed on my F-5 and It has worked out nicely. The bridge I replaced was a poorly fitted after market addition put on by the previous owner that was difficult to intonate. I took the new Cumberland Acoustics bridge and mandolin to professionals near our home and they did the job right. I think sending it to Steve would have been an excellent path as well!

Steve is the man!

I had him refret an A5L with EVO and make a custom pickguard for it as well.....Steve and his team did an amazing job!

Sent it from California, and got it back in 2 weeks, including shipping time.

a friend just bought a gibson acoustic guitar from a local shop for around 2200.00 plus 12% sales tax brand new . it had fret buzz and they wanted 100.00 more for a set up . hmmm .....

I highly recommend Steve and the CA folks for great mandolin set up work. Oh, and there's a bonus there too: lots of laughs!

Same here. I called them and received the best customer service from beginning to end!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogle View Post
    I highly recommend Steve and the CA folks for great mandolin set up work. Oh, and there's a bonus there too: lots of laughs!

I’ve had Steve do a number of things on different mandolins for me, and always a pleasure and a great job!

I really look like that soliver's Avatar

I've never had Steve do any set up work for me, but have ordered a good deal of hardware for various and sundry things I've the last couple of years, and 120% agree with all of the above. He a great guy and great to work with!
    aka: Spencer
    Silverangel Econo A #429
    Jacobson Nautilus Oval Hole Prototype

Hand Crafted Mandolin Armrests
    Check them out here

"You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage
    to lose sight of the shore, ...and also a boat with no holes in it.Ē
    -anonymous