Thread: Write-by-forum bluegrass tune - Chime in here!

Default Write-by-forum bluegrass tune - Chime in here!

As we know, old graveyards are full of inspiration for bluegrass songs.
    An epitaph in my favorite local one says this:

Not without faults in this life
    But perfect in the next

That sounds like the seed of a song to me.
    So I thought it would be fun to post the epitaph as inspiration for a forum-composed song.
    If anyone has good ideas for lyrics, melody, even just chord progression or snippets thereof, please post it to this thread. Video submissions would be cool, too, if anyone gets particularly inspired.

I've got some lyrics I kicked around for months, but I'll wait for some of y'all to post before I toss mine into the mix.

I'm interested to see what -- if anything -- develops from the "mando hive mind" on this!

Default Re: Write-by-forum bluegrass tune - Chime in here!

Nice attempt callmegina, and a great idea. Unfortunately, this forum topic has very little to do with "Song and Tune Projects" and perhaps should be renamed to "Gimmie Gimmie" or "Freebies for Lazies".

3. The following members say thank you to Dillon for this post:

Default Re: Write-by-forum bluegrass tune - Chime in here!

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    Nice attempt callmegina, and a great idea. Unfortunately, this forum topic has very little to do with "Song and Tune Projects" and perhaps should be renamed to "Gimmie Gimmie" or "Freebies for Lazies".
    Sorry. Don't agree. Most songs come from something we have seen, heard, experienced, imagined, or just plain made up. Something causes the inspiration. I think this was started to stimulate something creative that other collaborators can build on. I think it's a good fit for this category.

5. The following members say thank you to Ranger Bob for this post: