Thread: Mandolin Orange Information

Default Mandolin Orange Information

Hello everyone. I am, needless to say, enthralled with the band mandolin orange as I know many of you are as well. I believe this may be my first thread and as I am writing this I hope I am posting this in the correct forum.

I have every album from mandolin orange and have wore out nearly every concert and video they have on YouTube. I have also had the pleasure of seeing them live several times. My question has to do with a particular concert from 2010 if I remember correctly. They are playing at a place called Berkeley Cafe. The video can easily be found on youtube. Unfortunately I have not be able to figure out how to post the link.

Anyways, they mention in between a song that they have a self-titled ep available at the merch table. After extensive searching, I have not be able to source or find this self-titled ep anywhere online. Perhaps it has never been released on the major platforms? I would be thrilled to acquire a copy of this album and was wondering if any mandolin orange fanatics like myself on here could point me in the right direction? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, it has been amazing to follow Andrew's progression through the world of mandolin acquisition and to see his songwriting and playing unfold over the years. He is truly a master of the musical arts.
    Stiver F5 #366
    Huss & Dalton TD-M Custom
    1935 Martin 00-17
    HD-28E Retro
    1927 Whyte Laydie no. 2

Default Re: Mandolin Orange Information

Sorry I can't help locate the EP, but they are featured in the latest issue of the
    Fretboard Journal.

3. The following members say thank you to Hockey Puck for this post:

Trich 

R-5, MT & A1 ('12. '13) lflngpicker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't have the info requested, but wanted to chime in that I too am a fan. We are eagerly awaiting a July concert in our area to which we have tickets.

5. The following members say thank you to lflngpicker for this post:

Trich 

Don't know the answer, either. Possibly, try contacting the band or label through their website?

I had considered that. If I'm not mistaken, the only contact information on their site is for booking.
    Stiver F5 #366
    1935 Martin 00-17
    HD-28E Retro
    1927 Whyte Laydie no. 2

My guess is that it was an early version of Quiet Little Room, which they self-produced about that time. You could ask Andrew on his site andrewmarlin.com. He also pops in here from time to time.

9. The following members say thank you to Kevin Winn for this post:

Trich 

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Free Concert June 15, 7:30pm. Pittsburgh 3 Rivers Art Festival. I’m on the road in our RV but trying to fit in a trip home to take it in.
    Keith Edward Coleman A style, oval hole Mandola
    Collings MT
    Weber Gallatin A Mandola "D hole"
    Kentucky KM-950
    Harley Benton A style (Current campfire tool)
    Rogue 100A (Spare canoe paddle)

11. The following members say thank you to Pittsburgh Bill for this post:

Trich 

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Bill View Post
    Free Concert June 15, 7:30pm. Pittsburgh 3 Rivers Art Festival. I’m on the road in our RV but trying to fit in a trip home to take it in.
    Yep! I'm just south of Pittsburgh in WV but unfortunately cannot make it
    Stiver F5 #366
    1935 Martin 00-17
    HD-28E Retro
    1927 Whyte Laydie no. 2

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Made it home for an overnight to catch Mandolin Orange on the main stage at Three Rivers Art Festival.The show was worth every minute and expense for the 300 mile detour home.
    Great seeing new (young) artists coming up to replace the greats we are slowly or maybe not so slowly loosing to time.
    Two of my favorit young acts are Mandolin Orange and as of a concert I attended in July of 2018 Billy Strings..
    Many people attending the Mandolin Orange performance had no idea who they were coming to see (it is free). I'm certain many of them left the show at it's conclusion as fans.
    Keith Edward Coleman A style, oval hole Mandola
    Collings MT
    Weber Gallatin A Mandola "D hole"
    Kentucky KM-950
    Harley Benton A style (Current campfire tool)
    Rogue 100A (Spare canoe paddle)

14. The following members say thank you to Pittsburgh Bill for this post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trich View Post
    I have every album from mandolin orange and have wore out nearly every concert and video they have on YouTube. I have also had the pleasure of seeing them live several times. My question has to do with a particular concert from 2010 if I remember correctly. They are playing at a place called Berkeley Cafe. The video can easily be found on youtube. Unfortunately I have not be able to figure out how to post the link.

16. The following members say thank you to Mandolin Cafe for this post: