Thread: The Mandolin Store

Default The Mandolin Store

I have had several transactions with The Mandolin Store - and I just want to say that they have the highest integrity of any music store I have dealt with - I just thought I would mention it!

I did not know how else to give them feedback here.

I have no interest or relation with anyone who owns or works there.

Best,
    AB

2. The following members say thank you to ABmando for this post:

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Mandolin Store

No they are GREAT! I had a 1980 F5-L listed in the classifieds many years ago, maybe 2008? And Dennis the owner contacted me wanting it "it went to a worker who was with Siminoff" and traded me a brand new Weber Custom Elite for it- a 8-10G mandolin at the time! I thought he was a bit, well wacky so I did the swap! My Gibson was Wayne Benson's at one point and totally re-graduated for the previous owner before Wayne but the Weber was Killer but not my sound so away it went! But what great people/owner Dennis to work with! I found out later that Dennis used to work with my aunts husband and his banjo worker/set up guy "Doug Piper" played and recorded with my Grandpa Big Bill Smith Sr. in the early 1970's in Grass Valley area California! Krazy huh!

let me tell everyone how good they really are. My Gibson was not playing as well as it did when new. Between The Mandolin Storeand Dave Harvey at Gibson it was decided to replace it. Its great to buy an instrument from people that back it up. Dave H was perfect to talk to,The Mandolin Store was very cooperative through the process. These are the kind of folks I like to do business with. They truly value thier customers.

5. The following members say thank you to oddan for this post:

I'm glad to hear you like TMS! I bought my Weber Yellowstone A HT from them back in 2015. They were very nice to me on the phone when I was asking about the mandolin I was interested in. They are fast shippers as well! I'm a happy customer :-) No relations or interest on my part!
    Kentucky KM-1050 2021
    Pava Satin A 2018 #272
    Gibson A 1916 #25861 FON 2626

formerly Philphool Phil Goodson's Avatar

I've bought three mandolins from TMS over the past few years, some new, some previously owned. All transactions went very smoothly and quickly. On one occasion, they described their opinion of the sound of the instrument that I was inquiring about and they were spot on!! I could not have been happier with that purchase and still have the instrument.
    Chatting with Dennis at IBMA has been pleasant. He seems just as genuine and nice in person as he does over the phone.

I'm a serial TMS user!
    Phil

“Sharps/Flats” “Accidentals”

Blog Entries

Yes Dennis is very nice and went out of his way to talk with me about a mandolin I was interested/asking about a couple of years ago, It was Dawgs F-7 used on my all time favorite "Tone Poems-that's what got me into vintage instruments when I was but a 14 year old kid at the time when that came out- Thanks for the MADNESS Mr.Grisman" I didn't buy it do to lack of $ at the time but still he was very informative, easy going, and fine with my follow up call on turning the mandolin down.
    Also I believe they are the only new Gibson mandolin dealer out there right?

I believe that The Guitar Center is a Gibson mandolin dealer. I purchased my F5G from the Richmond, VA store in 2014. They had two in stock at the time.

Blog Entries

Morgan Music.

11. The following members say thank you to Mandolin Cafe for this post:

===========

I have bought 3 mandolins from them in the past couple of years - highly recommended.

I purchased my pre-owned Eastman from them. It was my first mandolin, and Dennis was very helpful in helping me pick it out. They really are great people to work with.
    Cohen A Oval Hole
    Breedlove Alpine
    Eastman MDO305

If there is a new Gibson dealer in California, I don't know about it. If I were looking for a new one, I'd grab a flight to TMS.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Registered User stringsattached's Avatar

Anybody in Canada buy from this store ?
    How did it work out for you ?
    ==================
    Ken

Eastman Fan

I purchased 3 Eastman mandolins from The Mandolin Store, and an octave. I even had the chance to visit the store while on vacation in AZ. Great folks, and what I REALLY value, is the set-up. They really go over the instrument carefully, and that is why I have had such good luck with Eastman. They need a proper set-up. I will not purchase from anyone else.
    Jim D