Thread: Jams / shows / Meetups in Chicago, Columbus OH, & San Antonio TX

Default Jams / shows / Meetups in Chicago, Columbus OH, & San Antonio TX

Hey all,

I've got a few trips lined up for work and would love to find some local jams / meetups to play around while I'm in the various areas. If you know about jams in these spots, please LMK!

I'm in Chicago IL from Friday 5/17 - Wednesday 5/22. I'll have Friday night and Tuesday night (maybe afternoon) free for playing for sure.

I'm in Columbus OH from Wednesday 6/26 - Monday 7/1. I'll have Wednesday and Friday free for playing.

I'm in San Antonio TX from Saturday 7/27 - Wednesday 7/31. I should have Saturday free at least (maybe more).

Thanks!!
    Information on lessons, gigs, and misc musical stuff: www.mattcbruno.com
    Weekly free Mandolin Lessons: www.mattcbruno.com/weekly-posts/
    My gear and recommendations: www.mattcbruno.com/gear-recommendations/
    Cooking fun: www.mattcbruno.com/quarantine-cookbook/

Mando's in use
    Primary: Newson 2018
    Secondary: Gibson F9 2014
    Primary Electric: Jonathan Mann OSEMdc 5

Default Re: Jams / shows / Meetups in Chicago, Columbus OH, & San Antonio

While in Chicago check out where & when Don Stiernberg is playing. The Fume Gypsy Project has a very innovative rhythm section based around his mandolin, and the DS trio is fantastic.

Default Re: Jams / shows / Meetups in Chicago, Columbus OH, & San Antonio

Fumee will be playing Monday from 8-11 at the Rogers Park Social club. Best deal in town imo (tip jar), great drinks and a wonderful band playing gypsy jazz.

What type of jam are you looking for? Too bad you aren't here next week, the Monday night bluegrass jam at the Grafton Pub is great, as is the Old Time jam. The Old Town School of folk is right across the street, so a lot of the teachers lead jams and sessions here. I think there will be an old time jam in the lobby of the new building across the street on Tuesday.

Tuesday night celtic session at Mrs. Murphy's and Sons, 3905 North Lincoln. Larry and Frank lead a nice session, I usually attend.

https://www.thegrafton.com/calendar/

https://irishbistro.com/
    Girouard Custom Studio A Oval
    P.W. Crump OM-III