Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBay flat tops - would ya?

Default Re: eBay flat tops - would ya?

Well, I came to a better solution. I had a hammered dulcimer that I'd partially restored that was gathering dust. I just wasn't playing it very much, so I decided I'd gauge the interest level: someone jumped on it within minutes after I posted it.

So, I upped my budget by the amount of the dulcimer, and bought a beautiful Howard Morris flat top oval-hole mandolin from a gentleman in the Classifieds. It's in the mail as we speak, should show up on Monday. I'm very excited to get my hands on it!
    Howard Morris Oval-hole A-style Mandolin
    Ohana BK-70R Bar. Uke, cust. nylon string set in GDAE
    Kala U-Bass
    Krappy Guitars Custom Radiused Fretted Electric Upright Bass

2. The following members say thank you to blaise.douros for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by allenhopkins View Post
    Funny, I've been mining for codfish -- no luck so far...
    i think you are floundering there

4. The following members say thank you to ollaimh for this post:

Bob A 

i don't know how to post e bay items here but there is a paracho mandolin on ebay right now. loks nice. might be cocobolo , i'd ask a lot of questions about that but there are some nice mexican instruments. i found a jarana secundo on ebay for fifty bucks canadian. ready for stringing, but i have had it waiting for strings for a long timeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190210_164834314.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	891.5 KB 
ID:	177302

Quote Originally Posted by ollaimh View Post
    i don't know how to post e bay items here but there is a paracho mandolin on ebay right now.
    Just post a link to the auction page as for any other web page.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Blog Entries

I am very impressed with Big Muddy. A quality instrument. I have the M-11 and it is a go to instrument for many many occasions. One of its underrated aspects, for me, is that it is not in the least fussy. Tune it up, it stays tuned, intonation great all the way up. No matter the weather, temperature, humidity, the dern thing is awake and ready to play. And often needs no touch up to the tuning.

I have mandolins that are much more expensive that are not nearly as cooperative. I have some prima-donna mandolins - ooh its too hot, its too cold, its too humid, its too dry, its my day off, you don't love me enough..... I would characterize the personality of my M-11 as that of a well trained affectionate dog, at all times ready, willing, and able to do what it can to make you happy.

This characteristic more than makes up for whatever my M-11 may not be able to do that the prima-donnas can.
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....