Thread: Lowell Levinger with Little Steven & Disciples of Soul

Default Lowell Levinger with Little Steven & Disciples of Soul

For an early Mother's Day gift I surprised my wife, a huge Steve Van Zant and Springsteen fan, with tickets to a Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul show in Asbury Park Wednesday night.

Lowell Levinger is in the band - he mostly played piano, but he did come out front on one song with his huge octave mandolin.

Overall a great night and show. Steve has a great band with 15 people on stage: 2 guitarists, a bassist, 5 horns, a drummer and a percussionist, two keyboards and three back-up singers. Springsteen also joining the band for a few songs late in the show.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockey Puck For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Lowell Levinger with Little Steven & Disciples of Soul

I actually had an e-mail exchange with one of the writers for the Asbury Park Press yesterday. I pointed out that he might want to mention that Lowell was in that band and who he was

He is instantly recognizable on stage. Pretty cool.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

Thanks Mike - I'll bet the Asbury Park Press mentioned the Springsteen sighting. We were in the balcony so I could not see Lowell well behind the piano and back-up singers.

As soon as he appeared with his high white hair and the giant OM, I realized who it was!

I'll try to post a photo later.

I hope it was as enjoyable as the Youngbloods shows were, back in the day. (Probably not free, like many of those were, however.)
    "The paths of experimentation twist and turn through mountains of miscalculations, and often lose themselves in error and darkness!"
    --Leslie Daniel, "The Brain That Wouldn't Die."

Some tunes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa1...SV2qtug/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Puck View Post
    Thanks Mike - I'll bet the Asbury Park Press mentioned the Springsteen sighting. We were in the balcony so I could not see Lowell well behind the piano and back-up singers.

As soon as he appeared with his high white hair and the giant OM, I realized who it was!

I'll try to post a photo later.
    I think they mentioned every Jersey guy involved, probably the janitor as well

There 's more rock history there than just Bruce and Steven. Banana seems ecstatic to be a part of it and that's cool.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

If the om your referring to is that big red Giacomel, it's not a om it's a 5 string tenor guitar. Banana recently had a son die and had another son die some years ago. Being on tour is probably a good way to keep your mind occupied.

It had 8 strings, and it looked huge on him!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lowell L.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	176733

Really sorry to hear about his sons. He and the band were having a great time. Here's a photo of the whole band, LL is at keyboards behind the back-up singers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D of S.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	176734