Thread: "Jenny of Oldstones", Game of Thrones soundtrack (S8E2)

Default "Jenny of Oldstones", Game of Thrones soundtrack (S8E2)

Ramin Djawad: Jenny of Oldstones (Jenny's Song)

This is my instrumental cover on mandolin, tenor guitar and mandocello of the song sung by Podrick at the end of Season 8, Episode 2 of Game Of Thrones. Also the music playing over the credits at the end of the episode, in a version by Florence + The Machine.

Adapted from a piano transcription by P.K. Clifford, posted at Musescore:

https://musescore.com/user/643986/scores/5540491

1890s Umberto Ceccherini mandolin
    Suzuki MC-815 mandocello
    Vintage Viaten tenor guitar

Martin

PS: No spoilers for Episide 3 please until Monday evening -- the US premiere is in the middle of the night for us across the Atlantic...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martin Jonas For This Useful Post:

Default Re: "Jenny of Oldstones", Game of Thrones soundtrack (S8E2)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Jonas View Post

Adapted from a piano transcription by P.K. Clifford, posted at Musescore:

https://musescore.com/user/643986/scores/5540491
    As I've made quite a few changes from the piano transcription I started with, I now attach PDFs of my revised score for mandolin, mandocello and guitar, for those who want to try it -- it's a fun song and once the phrasing is in your head, the syncopation of the melody is much easier to play than it looks on the page. I attach two versions: with the mandocello part in bass clef or alternatively in octave treble clef. The PDF also includes the lyrics of the song.

I have transposed the key from C minor up to E minor, to sit better in the range of the mandolin and for easier playability. I've also deleted the majority of the piano notes to make a much more pared-down mandocello part. The missing notes have been replaced by an eighth-note arpeggio pattern on tenor guitar using the chord symbols in the score. Apologies for the extraneous rests in the PDF: they're the remnants of the deleted piano part and I can't figure out a way of deleting them in Musescore.

Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jenny_of_Oldstones_E_Minor_(treble_clef).pdf   Jenny_of_Oldstones_E_Minor_(bass_clef).pdf