Thread: Lost or Stolen: Stolen: Foley Mandolin, Bouzouki

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Lost or Stolen: Stolen: Foley Mandolin, Bouzouki

A lost or stolen instrument notice has been posted on the Mandolin Cafe Classifieds:

Ad #138562 posted Sun, 28 Apr 2019 10:47:33 CDT - From a Facebook post a friend shared. The more eyes that see this as soon as possible, the better. I am absolutely gutted. I returned home on Monday evening to find that my apartment was broken into while I was away. I have lost many things, still ...

Those of you on social media please go to the ad in the Classifieds and share it out. More eyes that see these the better chance they have of being recovered.

See full ad desciption...

Default Re: Lost or Stolen: Stolen: Foley Mandolin, Bouzouki

Following up, I saw a FB post from Mark, his Dave Boyle banjo was recovered, someone in the area replied to his FB posting saying he bought it online from Guitar Center. He is hoping that they also have his other instruments.
    Girouard Custom Studio A Oval
    P.W. Crump OM-III

I hope Mark posts on the café, he has pictures of his other instruments:

Thank you everyone for reaching out and sharing my previous post. I was very lucky and my Dave Boyle banjo has been located in NY and it is on it's way back. Still missing the other instruments, I was able to locate pictures of 3 other instruments that were taken. A Paul Hathway octave mandolin, a Paul Hathway mandolin, both cedar top and a Big Muddy mandolin that was made specifically for me by Mike and was the first large body (mandola body) mandolin that he made. Please check my previous post for pictures of my Joe Foley F hole mandolin (extremely rare) and my Foley Bouzouki. Thanks again everyone!
    P.W. Crump OM-III

Ooh, there *was* a Paul Hathway mandolin (listed as Hathaway) on the Guitar Center website a week ago or thereabouts ...
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by mrmando View Post
    Ooh, there *was* a Paul Hathway mandolin (listed as Hathaway) on the Guitar Center website a week ago or thereabouts ...
    Saw your post on Mark's FB Martin. Hoping the detectives on the case are all over Guitar Center by now. Hope he gets the instruments back, at least the Foleys. I have played his Foley mandolin and it's sweet.
    P.W. Crump OM-III

Some more progress, I hope. Got an email from a reply to the ad:

"Hey, Gary, I don't know if they're among your friends' instruments, but I got a call yesterday from a Chicago detective who told me that the two Paul Hathway mandolins I purchased last week from Guitar Center in Chicago were stolen property. One hadn't been picked up yet from the Central Chicago store, so I guess it's still there, and the other one I'm returning to the store tomorrow. I don't know if they go back to the owner at this point or to the police, but if those were some of the instruments stolen, they've been found. "
    P.W. Crump OM-III