Thread: Jeena Jeena, Hindi song for mandolin from the Bollywood film

Default Jeena Jeena, Hindi song for mandolin from the Bollywood film

Hi Guys, here's something different!
    It's a song from a Hindi film, I've written up mandolin tab on Musescore.org WITH GUITAR chords too. And the score can be slowed down to practice tremolo.
    Happy Easter -Peace and love!

https://musescore.com/user/31913154/scores/5537004

The original version:
    Last edited by Simon DS; Apr-21-2019 at 5:33pm. Reason: Too tired to write right... :)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Simon DS For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Jeena Jeena, Hindi song for mandolin from the Bollywood film

Very well done. Thank you for posting.

4. The following members say thank you to PH-Mando for this post:

Blog Entries

There's a surprising amount of good mandolin playing that is not strictly Carnatic coming out of India on various social media channels we follow. I'm not sure how big this sampling is but it spans a number of styles and there are even a few very good Monroe style players there, probably more than that, one or two that I'm aware of that post here from time to time. Think that's pretty cool.

6. The following members say thank you to Mandolin Cafe for this post:

Blog Entries

I enjoyed the song; thanks for posting it. One question. I notice you have something (paper? felt?) under the bridge feet. Does this add a desired dimension to the tone of your mandolin? Or is it there to preserve the finish? Just curious. I have not seen that before.
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

Quote Originally Posted by HonketyHank View Post
    I enjoyed the song; thanks for posting it. One question. I notice you have something (paper? felt?) under the bridge feet. Does this add a desired dimension to the tone of your mandolin? Or is it there to preserve the finish? Just curious. I have not seen that before.
    Hey Hank, I'm a dude! -not the woman in the vid, and I'm English, not French, ha, ha.

I love the music too. I hardly ever notice the details in music vids, but now I see it, that pad under the bridge. I wonder if it's some sort of electric pickup?

I'm not sure about the acoustic effect on the mandolin. Maybe it would make it sound more like a banjo?