Thread: NEWS FLASH: Titebond changes date code!

Blog Entries

Default NEWS FLASH: Titebond changes date code!

EXCLUSIVE to the Titebond Glue News Network!

Titebond just confirmed for TGNN that in January, 2019, they changed their date code. Experienced users of Titebond will know that this is the 3rd code since the turn of the century. But at last they've made it readable without access to the internet.

The new code is:

AYYMMDDNNN

where:

A=made in America
    YY=year manufactured (i.e., 19=2019)
    MM=month of manufacture (i.e. 01=January)
    DD=day of the month manufactured (i.e. 15=15th)
    NNN=a number indicating the batch

The Titebond representative expressed surprise when this investigative reporter suggested that the old codes were not easily readable by consumers, but volunteered that they get questions all the time about this.

They haven't yet gotten around to changing the code information on their website. In addition, the Titebond representative told me that this code change does not yet apply to all of their products.

Parenthetically, very much in their favor--not only is their product necessary for all Cafe dwellers--they actually have a real human being answer their phone and do not rely on phone trees or voice mail.
    belbein

The bad news is that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. The good news is that what kills us makes it no longer our problem

2. The following members say thank you to belbein for this post:

Earl 

Default Re: NEWS FLASH: Titebond changes date code!

It’s about time. I once held Titebond in high regard. Hopefully this will regain my confidence.

Default Re: NEWS FLASH: Titebond changes date code!

Regardless of the date code, I learned from Frank Klausz that you should test every bottle you get before relying on it. Even if it's a good batch and in date, you never know what scalding or freezing temperatures it's been exposed to in shipping, etc.