Thread: Canadian buyers: good deal on KM-950

Default Canadian buyers: good deal on KM-950

I just pulled the trigger on a new KM-950 from amazon.ca for $982.48 (for a comparison, the KM-150 is currently $585 on amazon.ca). There looks to be one left at this price. Just thought I would give my fellow Cannucks a heads up. Should be getting it Monday.

EDIT: And...never mind. The price has gone back up. Sorry, I did check a couple of times, and it was still showing the sale price.
    Last edited by vetus scotia; Apr-10-2019 at 4:27pm.

Default Re: Canadian buyers: good deal on KM-950

Quote Originally Posted by vetus scotia View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on a new KM-950 from amazon.ca for $982.48 (for a comparison, the KM-150 is currently $585 on amazon.ca). There looks to be one left at this price. Just thought I would give my fellow Cannucks a heads up. Should be getting it Monday.

EDIT: And...never mind. The price has gone back up. Sorry, I did check a couple of times, and it was still showing the sale price.
    finding a good mandolin in canada is needle in a haystack kinda stuff .
    a few weeks back amazon listed a km 505 at 327.00 ....i figure it was a mistake . I looked again later that day after deciding to go for it and it was over 900.00.
    .......... the next day it was down to 700......????

I'm gonna take up the spoons I think .

Quote Originally Posted by roysboy View Post
    finding a good mandolin in canada is needle in a haystack kinda stuff .
    a few weeks back amazon listed a km 505 at 327.00 ....i figure it was a mistake . I looked again later that day after deciding to go for it and it was over 900.00.
    .......... the next day it was down to 700......????

I'm gonna take up the spoons I think .
    Yeah, I would definitely click buy if I saw that price on a KM-505. Someone must have. That is what usually makes the price jump back up again. The algorithm giveth, and the algorithm taketh away.

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Great buy! I think you are going to be pleased with your KM-950. At that price you should be pick'n and grinnin for quite a while. I don't care for mine when playing classical, show tunes, or soft folk/rock. But I want to tell you it kicks it for old country and rockabilly which is where I gravitate. I think it would work equally well for grass and maybe even that Irish music.
    Big Muddy EM8 solid body (Mike Dulak's final EM8 build)
    Kentucky KM-950
    Weber Gallatin A Mandola "D hole"
    Rogue 100A (current campfire tool & emergency canoe paddle)

5. The following members say thank you to Pittsburgh Bill for this post:

After shooting back up to $2200 CDN after I bought one of the two in stock back in April, the price of the KM-950 on amazon.ca has gradually gone down again and is currently at $1038.05 CDN (~750 USD). I am absolutely loving mine and would highly recommend this instrument to anyone in Canada looking for a good deal on a new instrument.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=km-950&ref=nb_sb_noss_1