Thread: "Capri-Fischer" (G. Winkler), mandolin sextet

Default "Capri-Fischer" (G. Winkler), mandolin sextet

"Capri-Fischer" (Tango-Serenade)
    Music by Gerhard Winkler, Text by Ralph Maria Siegel, 1943

This is one of the most successful German schlager tunes of all times. Written in 1943 and recorded by Rudi Schuricke, it was banned from broadcast on its original release as the Allied forces had just taken Capri. When it was re-released after the war, it became a giant hit in the late 1940s and throughout the 1950s, one of the definining tunes of the German Wirtschaftswunder period and the original Italian tourist boom it generated.

With its Italian theme and the mock-Neapolitan lyrics, it is a natural adaptation for mandolins (and indeed the original Rudi Schuricke version features mandolins).

My recording is rather more jazzy and uptempo than the original, and is based on an arrangement for clarinets and saxophones by Fritz Schulz, which I found on Musescore:

https://musescore.com/user/8545006/scores/5408340

I have adapted the original instrumentation (two clarinets, two alto saxophones, plus tenor and baritone sax) to a mandolin sextet (four mandolins, octave mandolin and mandocello). I attach my PDF parts here, with additional mandola parts in alto clef (Mandola 1 & 2 as alternatives to Mandolin 4 & 3, respectively) and a guitar part in octave treble clef (as an alternative to mandocello).

1890s Ceccherini mandolin (x2)
    Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin (x2)
    Mid-Missouri M-111 octave mandolin
    Suzuki MC-815 mandocello

Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capri-Fischer-Mandolin 1.pdf   Capri-Fischer-Mandolin 2.pdf   Capri-Fischer-Mandolin 3.pdf  

Capri-Fischer-Mandolin 4.pdf   Capri-Fischer-Octave Mandolin.pdf   Capri-Fischer-Mandocello.pdf  

Capri-Fischer-Guitar.pdf   Capri-Fischer-Mandola 1.pdf   Capri-Fischer-Mandola 2.pdf  

2. The following members say thank you to Martin Jonas for this post: