Thread: Acoustic Image

Default Acoustic Image

I'm so impressed with this company.

I have a Corus seres III amp that I really like. I bought it used on e-bay 9 or 10 years ago. I like everything about it: sounds great for mandolin, acoustic guitar, violin, bass, keyboard; even vocals. It's small, weighs about 20 pounds, and can crank out way louder than I ever play.

A while back, one channel cut out. I emailed AI, got instructions for cleaning the input jack and pots. No luck. So Rick Jones at AI sent me instructions for removing the preamp and power amp, and I sent them to him. Got them back in about a week. Put the thing together and it sounds like new.

The charge for repair: $0. Zero.

I just had to talk about this. It's so unusual to find commitment and integrity like this any more.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Stokes For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Acoustic Image

"It's so unusual to find commitment and integrity like this any more."

They have the best warranty and customer service in the nation: lifetime warranty for whomever is the current owner, no questions asked. There is a thriving scene with Rick's used equipment that can be had very reasonable.

I've played probably 400 gigs using my Acoustic Image. The one time I had any issues, sent it back Monday morning and it was back by Thursday for my Friday gig. I've had approx. 20 different cabs and amps over the last ten years and I always go back to my AI; fantastic for mandolin, guitar, and upright bass and it also works great as a small pa. 900 watts, fits in the palm of one hand, and made right down the road in Raleigh. On a good weekend, you can even see his jazz trio gigging in town....

Rick and company set the standard that everyone else aspires to!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j. condino For This Useful Post:

I have a Clarus Series 4 amp head that I have been thrilled with for about five years now, for all the reasons you list above. It's my primary bass amp, and runs a pair of Acme B1 cabinets. Superlative clarity and simplicity of design in an ultra-portable package.

I've also had a few email exchanges with Rick and have always been impressed by his responsiveness and patience, explaining the theory behind his designs.

Top-notch products from a top-notch company.

6. The following members say thank you to Kevin Winn for this post:

Nice Kevin! I run my AI Focus head with a pair of ACME B1 cabs...amazing on the gig and when not in use, they rock the shop...

8. The following members say thank you to j. condino for this post:

Gummy Bears and Scotch BrianWilliam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stokes View Post
    I'm so impressed with this company.

I have a Corus seres III amp that I really like. I bought it used on e-bay 9 or 10 years ago. I like everything about it: sounds great for mandolin, acoustic guitar, violin, bass, keyboard; even vocals. It's small, weighs about 20 pounds, and can crank out way louder than I ever play.

A while back, one channel cut out. I emailed AI, got instructions for cleaning the input jack and pots. No luck. So Rick Jones at AI sent me instructions for removing the preamp and power amp, and I sent them to him. Got them back in about a week. Put the thing together and it sounds like new.

The charge for repair: $0. Zero.

I just had to talk about this. It's so unusual to find commitment and integrity like this any more.
    Calton in Austin gave me comparable service. Love it!

Ditto!
    Ditto!

I've had a Chorus + for over 10 years and it is just fantastic. Early on mine fizzed out but was repaired and returned in time for the next go also.

With the bottom firing speaker I did make a plywood base for carpeted areas, painted it metallic blue!

I just discovered this for foul weather protection. It is expensive but a keyboard buddy has one and says it is first class.

https://reverb.com/item/9826504-acou...rc=aw.ds&pla=1

It is such a fine quality, high fidelity amp.

Billy

ps My most recent amp is a Bose S1 Pro. Also super fine.

billypackardmandolin.com
    Billy Packard
    Gilchrist A3, 1993
    Weber Fern, 2007
    Stiver Fern, 1990
    Gibson 1923 A2
    Gibson 1921 H1 Mandola
    Numerous wonderful guitars

I bought my AI Corus close to 10 years ago. It's been my primary gigging amp since, with 0 issues. I did pull a couple of feet off, but Rick sent me replacements no charge. Like others, it can be just the amp or a small PA for multiple instruments and vocals. I love that there is 48v phantom power on both channels and discreet eq. They're just great pieces of gear. I do want to try some different cabinets just to see how I can color the tone and direct the sound for some venues.