Thread: Dancing On The Light

Registered User Sherry Cadenhead's Avatar

Default Dancing On The Light

Does anyone play this piece? I heard it on my Pandora app and would like to learn it, depending on the key and whether or not it requires going beyond third position. I found the sheet music, but it seems I must purchase it without even seeing a sample page. I believe it might sound really nice played on mandolin.

On a side note, do you know a good resource for sheet music that shows violin (or treble clef?) notation, with the piano accompaniment shown separately?

Default Re: Dancing On The Light

I played around with this some and think it's probably played in G major.

Pretty tune! Looks like there is sheet music for sale at this link. NFI on my part.

https://richarddillonpiano.neucart.c...df-sheet-music
    Pava S/N 21
    Calace Bowlback

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry Cadenhead View Post
    On a side note, do you know a good resource for sheet music that shows violin (or treble clef?) notation, with the piano accompaniment shown separately?
    Do you mean for this tune specifically, or just violin & piano in general?

If the latter, there's a lot of free public domain sheet music in the IMSLP violin and piano scores category.

Yes, Pete. I agree and keep playing it over and over on my phone. That site is probably where I found the sheet music.

Another really nice one is Pearls of Joy. I was able to print the first page of that one as a sample. It's in A major, which I can handle. But I was having trouble with the fingering and asked my teacher to help. When at one point she said "Oh, this is fifth position," I put it aside for down the road. Currently having enough trouble shifting to third position.

[Pretty tune! Looks like there is sheet music for sale at this link. NFI on my part.

https://richarddillonpiano.neucart.c...df-sheet-music]

Yes, Pete. I agree and keep playing it over and over on my phone. That site is probably where I found the sheet music.

Another really nice one is Pearls of Joy. I was able to print the first page of that one as a sample. It's in A major, which I can handle. But I was having trouble with the fingering and asked my teacher to help. When at one point she said "Oh, this is fifth position," I put it aside for down the road. Currently having enough trouble shifting to third position.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by JL277z View Post
    Do you mean for this tune specifically, or just violin & piano in general?

If the latter, there's a lot of free public domain sheet music in the IMSLP violin and piano scores category.
    Yes, I do mean the latter. I'll try that site. Thanks.

8. The following members say thank you to Sherry Cadenhead for this post:

Ignore the 15ma and play it in first position! It sounds fine and is much easier. It's in Em, the relative minor of G, so you were on the right track. The piano left hand is playing arpeggios on the chords. On the preview it looks like there are Em, C and D chords. Play the piano right hand for the melody. Get someone to play chords on guitar or whatever and you'd have a pretty duet!
    Pava S/N 21
    Calace Bowlback

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter Coronado For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ToyonPete View Post
    Ignore the 15ma and play it in first position! It sounds fine and is much easier. It's in Em, the relative minor of G, so you were on the right track. The piano left hand is playing arpeggios on the chords. On the preview it looks like there are Em, C and D chords. Play the piano right hand for the melody. Get someone to play chords on guitar or whatever and you'd have a pretty duet!
    I was thinking the 15ma part was the melody and that this would sound nice as a recital piece with piano accompaniment. For now I'm planning on The Mountain House. It's also a nice sounding tune and isn't difficult to play.