Thread: JBovier F5Z

Default JBovier F5Z

I know there was a thread about these a while ago when they first went on sale, but I cannot seem to find it. I was wondering, for those who bought the less punchy sale builds, what do you think of them? If y'all have any video or audio to share that'd be fantastic. (And if you can link me to that original thread I'd be grateful)

Default Re: JBovier F5Z

I bought one and enjoyed it. It had a slight blemish on the binding on the back of the scroll. While quieter than my JBovier A5T, it still was easy to play, and beautiful looking. I ended up having to sell it due to divorce. It went to a local player who still has it and likes it.

3. The following members say thank you to colorado_al for this post:

Em Tee 

Mr. Cowherd says they'd need a pick up to be heard on stage, do you agree? This basically a mando for picking at home if you play acoustic?

Quote Originally Posted by Em Tee View Post
    Mr. Cowherd says they'd need a pick up to be heard on stage, do you agree? This basically a mando for picking at home if you play acoustic?
    If I'm playing on stage, I always use a pickup, regardless of the instrument. He'll install a K&K for you before it leaves his place, if you want.
    I brought mine out to jams, and while not the loudest mandolin in attendance, it held its own. (Though admittedly I'm not known for my light touch!)

6. The following members say thank you to colorado_al for this post:

Em Tee 

My next question is, while not very loud does it still have the same tone as other Jboviers?