Thread: Crescent City Music

Default Crescent City Music

My wife and I, along with a friend, were on an outing the other day and went through the small town of Crescent City Fl. I noticed a rather funky looking music store in a tiny stripmall and we went in to check it out.
    Now my wife and I love flea markets, junk shops and guitar stores but this place is all that rolled up into one store. I have never seen anything like it. There were countless guitars hanging from the ceiling, mandolins, ukes, amps, key boards, drum sets in addition to well over two thousand LP's. Added to the mix were show cases of 35mm cameras, lamps, dinner ware, car parts, you name it, it was there. It just went on and on.
    Now I only saw a couple of vintage instruments, most everything else was new (ish) instruments along the Washburn - Blueridge price range. He did have two Blueridge tenor guitars, a BR-40 and a BR70 at reasonable prices.
    The store has been run by Allen Glenn for over 35 years and the sign outside says "going out of business". I asked how long he plans to stay open and he told me " till I die or someone buys the whole place and everytihing in it".
    If you are ever in the area it is worth checking out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190315_131133.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	685.1 KB 
ID:	175447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190315_131350.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	814.7 KB 
ID:	175448  
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

2. The following members say thank you to Charles E. for this post: