Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the price jump/scarcity on Blueridge tenors?

Default Re: Why the price jump/scarcity on Blueridge tenors?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Stewart View Post
    I bought my BR-60T four years ago from Musicians Friend for $375. I just checked the Musicians Friend website and the listed price is $895. Musicians Friend is currently offering 20% off which would bring the price down to $716. They also have a BR-40TCE in stock for $850 which would be $680 after the 20% discount.
    Thats good to know. I dont think musicians friend does any kind of setup. I could be wrong. I could always call or email and ask. But id imagine thats the reason your tenor had a buzz to begin with. With a place like elderly, I may have to wait a bit longer but I know they offer setup with their blue ridge guitars, something you have to pay extra for. Especially when switching to DGBE tuning, when these blue ridge are setup for a more traditional tuning out of factory.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_al View Post
    Prices on Saga instruments are up across all lines that they sell, Blueridge among them.
    Also, the previous low prices were fueled by competing auto-repricing engines at Amazon and Musicians Friend. That appears to have stopped for now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-30-08-00-11-843_org.mozilla.firefox.png 
Views:	179 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	175699
    Ya, it seems the bigger music stores have now settled on a price for a bit. Although I see Amazon has recently changed their price for the BR-40T (just the guitar). Doesnt come with case, and definitely wont come with any kind of setup or care for the guitar before its shipped.
    "The best bands are like tribes"

Quote Originally Posted by The_Noseeums View Post
    Thats good to know. I dont think musicians friend does any kind of setup. I could be wrong. I could always call or email and ask. But id imagine thats the reason your tenor had a buzz to begin with. With a place like elderly, I may have to wait a bit longer but I know they offer setup with their blue ridge guitars, something you have to pay extra for. Especially when switching to DGBE tuning, when these blue ridge are setup for a more traditional tuning out of factory.
    You are correct, Musicians Friend doesn't do a setup. When I bought mine the listed price was $499 but I bought during December when they were having a 25% off Christmas sale.
    Blueridge BR-60T Tenor Guitar
    Eastwood Warren Ellis 2P Tenor Guitar

mandolin slinger Steve Ostrander's Avatar

Elderly is selling them for $535 with gig bag & set up. About 4 years ago I bought one from MF for $379.
    Living’ in the Mitten

https://www.cremerguitarworks.com/ has a BR60T is stock for $595 (no case). Rick Cremer is a very good luthier and does all of my guitar and ukulele repairs.

Wow, prices are all over the place. Very weird.

Back up to $695 on Amazon

Guernsey... small island just off the coast of France

Prices in the U.K. have actually come down from last year.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4C219DC9-66BC-4827-AF39-FC164C64F3AA.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	740.9 KB 
ID:	175839