Thread: Colorado Case Company

Default Colorado Case Company

I have been trying to call Colorado Case Co using all numbers I have found on their website and online and they are all disconnected.

Anybody know if they are out of business?

Know any other people who make case covers?

Default Re: Colorado Case Company

Colorado Case Company has been out of business for a couple of years now. Unfortunately no one i know of has stepped in to fill the gap. :-(

Seems hoffee still uses Colorado case Co. To make their covers
    Off the Hoffee site as of now.

Insulated professional-grade cloth covers are available to protect the case from surface wear, and supply an added layer of temperature control. Colorado Case Co. makes our premium covers in the USA to exactly fit Hoffee Cases. Price $250 for guitar cases
    " Practice every time you get a chance." - Bill Monroe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AMandolin View Post
    Seems hoffee still uses Colorado case Co. To make their covers
    Off the Hoffee site as of now.

Insulated professional-grade cloth covers are available to protect the case from surface wear, and supply an added layer of temperature control. Colorado Case Co. makes our premium covers in the USA to exactly fit Hoffee Cases. Price $250 for guitar cases
    What you read on the internet is not necessarily correct. I hope that is not breaking news to anyone.

This was discussed at length a couple of years ago including input from former contractors that stipulated the entire business and machine inventory that made up Colorado Case Company was broken apart and sold off piece by piece, including patterns. Discussed here. The fact that the web site remains is due to the domain name being paid up for several years in advance, not unusual.

Whois Record ( last updated on 2019-03-11 )
    Domain Name: coloradocasecompany.com
    Registry Domain ID: whois protect
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.west.cn
    Registrar URL: www.west.cn
    updated Date: 2018-08-11T07:37:44.0Z
    Creation Date: 2018-08-11T07:37:44.0Z
    Expiration Date: 2019-08-11T07:37:44.0Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-08-11T07:37:44.0Z

5. The following members say thank you to Mandolin Cafe for this post:

I too am looking for a case cover for my TKL Collings case. Does any one know of any manufacturer?

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmybikes View Post
    I too am looking for a case cover for my TKL Collings case. Does any one know of any manufacturer?
    I have found that a double tennis racquet bag works.
    Big Muddy EM8 solid body (Mike Dulak's final EM8 build)
    Kentucky KM-950
    Weber Gallatin A Mandola "D hole"
    Rogue 100A (current campfire tool & emergency canoe paddle)

[QUOTE=Mandolin Cafe;1705119]What you read on the internet is not necessarily correct. I hope that is not breaking news to anyone.Quote]

This was discussed at length a couple of years ago including input from former contractors that stipulated the entire business and machine inventory that made up Colorado Case Company was broken apart and sold off piece by piece, including patterns.

Yes, not breaking news...too bad though that Texas Calton doesn't pickup the pieces (perhaps using a reliable vendor) and start making those covers for at least their lineup of guitar and mandolin stuff. Seems like a lot of folks would want to protect their high price investment with a case cover. I thought they were well made and worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
    What you read on the internet is not necessarily correct. I hope that is not breaking news to anyone.

This was discussed at length a couple of years ago including input from former contractors that stipulated the entire business and machine inventory that made up Colorado Case Company was broken apart and sold off piece by piece, including patterns.
    I remember the discussion from a few years ago...too bad though that Texas Calton doesn't pickup the pieces (perhaps using a reliable vendor) and start making those covers for at least their lineup of guitar and mandolin stuff. Seems like a natural and a lot of folks would want to protect their high price investment with a case cover. I thought they were well made and worth the money.

Was just about to post the same question. Sad news.
    Also, a bit scary that someone in Jamaca seems to be posing as them. I called the 2nd number listed on the website and asked about getting a replacement buckle for the backpack straps on my case. The person said I would need to order it from them and send them money. It seemed a little fishy, so I hung up and ran over here.

Maybe not the right place for this question, but would anyone have an idea how to replace this piece?

Take a replacement to your local seamstress - shouldn't cost much to have them sew a new one on or just buy a whole new strap if its not attached to the bag.

https://www.amazon.com/Swivel-Trigge...06VVN36B7?th=1
    Northfield F5M #268, AT02 #7

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Was just about to post the same question. Sad news.
    Also, a bit scary that someone in Jamaca seems to be posing as them. I called the 2nd number listed on the website and asked about getting a replacement buckle for the backpack straps on my case. The person said I would need to order it from them and send them money. It seemed a little fishy, so I hung up and ran over here.

Maybe not the right place for this question, but would anyone have an idea how to replace this piece?
    Jay
    Blueheron makes excellent straps and used to use metal or a high quality black plastic component(years ago you could choose-I always used the plastic for lighter weight and I just don't care for metal parts on straps).
    I'd bet they would make you a dandy strap with new heavy duty black plastic snaps. The strap material on mine were like high quality seatbelt material.
    They might sell you the plastic swivel by itself, and as bigskygirl mentioned, take it to a seamstress or if you have a shoe/luggage repair in your area-they could do the sewing work also.

another place you might find such a swivel/snap would be outdoor shops-especially camping/climbing type shops.

best of luck
    d

I have a bunch of spares. Sent you a private message.

Thanks for the recommendations, all!