Thread: Mandolin setup - rob meldrum

Default Mandolin setup - rob meldrum

Just wanting to say thank you to Rob. I recently emailed him and received a copy of his setup guide, for free as usual. I would suggest that anyone playing mandolin should have this manual, it's extensive and goes in great detail in the setup of a mandolin. The more you understand about any instrument you are playing the better. The fact that Rob has compiled all this information in a user friendly format, and sends it out for free is amazing. Thanks Rob again.

Default Re: Mandolin setup - rob meldrum

hey Rob, I have tried a few times to get you e-book, but can't seem to get it, I had my wife do it, as I am not smart enough lol
    Mike Marrs

Martian, see my sig
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

Quote Originally Posted by HonketyHank View Post
    Martian, see my sig
    my wife has done it 4 times, I think but I will have her try again,maybe she is dropping the ball lol
    Mike Marrs

Rob sent me the 3rd copy of his excellent book! (I keep losing them in the ether!) Thanks, Rob!

I've been playing and playing with mandolins for almost 6 decades and have set-up dozens. His book is always at hand to remind me of the nuances of the art! Got a '22 Gibson AJr. that needs a bridge fit!

Thanks, Rob, for this invaluable tool!

Rush Burkhardt
    Rush Burkhardt
    Towson, MD

Free opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them!

I would like to add my thanks to Rob. I received the ebook within hours (though given the time difference between here and the USA - I'm guessing he was in bed when I emailed so all credit for a speedy reply). I also enjoyed the YT videos of before and after.

I wasn’t expecting a 46 page ebook with very good detail. I’ll use this as a reference during future set ups. Thank you Rob.

Hello everyone, as my first post here I would like to thanks Rob for his ebook. Very well done, Rob!

Thanks to Rob for a great book. I will put it to use on my km 150

Another thanks to Rob. His book is full of great tips and insights. I used it to lower my mando's action by lowering the bridge. Unfortunately, I also discovered the nut is filed too low on the D strings. It needs a refret anyhow, so maybe I'll put off the new nut until I can get the refret done.

You can shim your old nut, don't need a new one. If you can get it off a piece of paper under the nut is usually enough to raise it so it works. After a refret you may need a different shim, but for now this would make it playable for you.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!