Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mandolin setup - rob meldrum

Default Mandolin setup - rob meldrum

Just wanting to say thank you to Rob. I recently emailed him and received a copy of his setup guide, for free as usual. I would suggest that anyone playing mandolin should have this manual, it's extensive and goes in great detail in the setup of a mandolin. The more you understand about any instrument you are playing the better. The fact that Rob has compiled all this information in a user friendly format, and sends it out for free is amazing. Thanks Rob again.

Default Re: Mandolin setup - rob meldrum

hey Rob, I have tried a few times to get you e-book, but can't seem to get it, I had my wife do it, as I am not smart enough lol
    Mike Marrs

Blog Entries

Martian, see my sig
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

4. The following members say thank you to HonketyHank for this post:

CHASAX 

Quote Originally Posted by HonketyHank View Post
    Martian, see my sig
    my wife has done it 4 times, I think but I will have her try again,maybe she is dropping the ball lol
    Mike Marrs

Rob sent me the 3rd copy of his excellent book! (I keep losing them in the ether!) Thanks, Rob!

I've been playing and playing with mandolins for almost 6 decades and have set-up dozens. His book is always at hand to remind me of the nuances of the art! Got a '22 Gibson AJr. that needs a bridge fit!

Thanks, Rob, for this invaluable tool!

Rush Burkhardt
    Rush Burkhardt
    Towson, MD

Free opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them!

I would like to add my thanks to Rob. I received the ebook within hours (though given the time difference between here and the USA - I'm guessing he was in bed when I emailed so all credit for a speedy reply). I also enjoyed the YT videos of before and after.

I wasn’t expecting a 46 page ebook with very good detail. I’ll use this as a reference during future set ups. Thank you Rob.

Hello everyone, as my first post here I would like to thanks Rob for his ebook. Very well done, Rob!

Thanks to Rob for a great book. I will put it to use on my km 150

Another thanks to Rob. His book is full of great tips and insights. I used it to lower my mando's action by lowering the bridge. Unfortunately, I also discovered the nut is filed too low on the D strings. It needs a refret anyhow, so maybe I'll put off the new nut until I can get the refret done.

You can shim your old nut, don't need a new one. If you can get it off a piece of paper under the nut is usually enough to raise it so it works. After a refret you may need a different shim, but for now this would make it playable for you.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

I would like to thank Rob Meldrum for his almost instantaneous response to my request for a link to his mandolin book. Robert van der Linde. eMail: cadillacguitarsuk@gmail.com

I would also like to thank Rob for responding so quickly to my request and for such an excellent and useful booklet. I am very new to the world of mandolins so this is a real eye-opener for me and will help me get my starter mandolin in good useable order. Thanks again Rob.

A big thank you to Rob and his generosity! Sent me his book for free and answered my email questions! Makes me more excited about getting into the mandolin and taking care of my instrument.

Thanks to Rob for the book! Excited to get started!

I too just received my copy of this great e-book. Thanks so much to Rob Meldrum!

Thank you Rob, a treasure trove of information. I appreciate you getting back to me so fast!

Thanks, Rob! Just got my copy, just in time to set up the Saga kit I just finished finishing ... or however one is supposed to say that.

Just want to say thanks to Rob for the ebook, it's a very high quality guide and it's really good of you to be giving it out to folks for free - I really appreciate it!

I asked Rob for the pdf, and he sent it to me in a couple of hours! thanks a lot!

Just wanted to say thanks to Rob for the ebook! I really appreciate the effort and knowledge sharing!

I found this thread and emailed Rob for a copy. It was in my mailbox in just a few hours. It's so thorough! I have been doing DIY maintenance (with, erm, uneven results) on my electrical guitars and basses for twenty years and have at least learnt enough to be able to tell that Rob really knows what he's talking about. I am looking forward so much to being able to give my mandolin the TLC it deserves.

Thanks a million, Rob! This will be so much fun!

Just adding my thanks to Rob Meldrum for the the setup guide. Tons of great information and it works. At least it did for me. My mandolin was setup by a pro when I bought so it wasn't in horrible condition. That was many years ago and with string changes, playing, and just normal wear and tear, it was a little off here and there. I have finally got it to where I like it and sounds like it should.

Thanks again Rob.
    Women and Rhythm Section First. Jaco
    Gibson F5-G
    1974 Fender Jazz Bass
    1962 Gibson ES-355
    1969 Roman Teller Violin

Good evening, all - New to the forum. Am investigating local available mandolins for two young granddaughters with string experience, and found the information on your forum about Mandolin Setup - Rob Meldrum. How to contact Mr. Rob? Also, do you have any recommendations of local workshops for setup work if outside my skills haha. Location: south-central PA, so near to MD and WV also, and donít mind driving. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Correction: just saw Robís email address in one of the earlier posts, thankyou.

Thank you to Rob Meldrum for the mandolin setup guide! Almost unbelievable to send a basically anonymous request and receive a reply within two hours! And thank you to the forum members for providing the contact information in an earlier post. As new to the forum, am thankful for the wealth of knowledge freely shared.