Thread: Thile interview

Default Thile interview

NPR has a new interview with Thile recently posted:

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/06/70053...t=nprml&f=1039
    "Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know you can't make a living selling big trombones, no sir. Mandolin picks, perhaps..."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lukmanohnz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Thile interview

Fantastic radio.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

4. The following members say thank you to JEStanek for this post:

What a great listen. I wonder if he has any clue as to how many of us picked up a mandolin for the first time because of him. He’s been a huge inspiration for me personally. Thanks for posting the link.
    Last edited by KrittMoore; Mar-07-2019 at 9:38am.

6. The following members say thank you to KrittMoore for this post:

Their first show at Carnegie this weekend has, among others, Bela Fleck and Edgar Myer as guest performers. I almost set up a whirlwind trip from AZ to attend.

8. The following members say thank you to Gerry Cassidy for this post:

I've seen him twice in concert - once on his solo Bach tour and once with PB. Both high water marks in my live music experiences. Also just picked up a used copy of his Homespun tutorial video right here at the cafe classifieds. Even as a young player he was amazing. I got a lot out of that video and will be returning to it again. I like that the interview allowed his music to do a lot of the talking.
    "Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know you can't make a living selling big trombones, no sir. Mandolin picks, perhaps..."