Thread: SunnAudio

Default SunnAudio

Disclaimer: I'm an early adopter of SunnAudio products, and as such have been given discounts on their products and a free tee shirt.

SunnAudio came to my attention when I had the sixth set of Dazzo pickups installed in one of my guitars. Teddy Randazzo had been using a Baggs PARA DI when I had my first guitar equipped with Dazzos. Several years later, he was using a RedEye, which he A/Bd with the PARA DI. It was a big improvement. I bought one and used it for several years before he brought out this prototype DI from a new company, SunnAudio, which he has been working with. Immediately the SunnAudio sounded richer.

I had been involved with an open mic where I had been frustrated because multiple people were bringing high dollar K&K equipped guitars and plugging direct to the mixing board and sounding like crap. I called Sunnaudio and told them I needed a two input, one output DI we could plug everyone into. They built me a Blender DI in a generic enclosure I donated to the open mic and have been using ever sence. Even the cheapest undersaddle equipped guitars sound much better.

I also bought a Stage 1 DI. My only gripe is no boost switch like the RedEye. I've run a boost pedal through the FX loop. They are on the verge of a dual unit now, one half of which will have XLR mic input as well as quarter inch. You can run it in stereo or two discrete mono pres. The basic sound is studio quality. I haven't tried mandolin, but I have a K&K equiped uke.

I have not used my RedEye at all since SunnAudio came along. And like I said, I was a big RedEye fan.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Default Re: SunnAudio

You gotta try the Tonedexter.
    2007 Weber Custom Elite "old wood"
    2017 Ratliff R5 Custom #1148
    Several nice old Fiddles
    2007 Martin 000-15S 12 fret Auditorium-slot head
    Deering Classic Open Back
    Too many microphones

BridgerCreekBoys.com