Thread: Top model Calace intruments from 1915 I.F Mueller Russian catalog

Default Top model Calace intruments from 1915 I.F Mueller Russian catalog

Top models Сalace from 1913 Russian I.F. Mueller catalogue I recently came across to were more expensive then now popular D-hole (Brevettato 900) ones. For comparison, model 905 (not fluted) - 50.00 roubles. Model 910 (fluted) 75.00 roubles. Model 955 - 100.00 roubles. Model 960 - 125.00 roubles. Model 965 (no picture) - 150.00 roubles. That was seriously expensive at the time. I have only seen similar Calace instrument once. I guess not many of them were made. If anyone has the actual photos of such instruments, please post them here. I could not find any in the net. Thank you.

I especially like the descriptions in the Mueller catalogue. For example: Raffaelle Calace No. 960. Body made of Palisander wood of the best cfaftmanship, made of 33 thin fluted staves with metal linings in between, with "Cid" string holder. The top is polished and decorated with tortoise shell complimented (along with the binding) by the elegant mother of pearl mosaics of various designs. Concert length neck, veneered all around by the tortoise shell along with the neck head also decorated with mother of pearl, which, along with the mother of pearl tuning machines heads tops, gives the instrument the gorgeous look. The sound of the instrument is rich, velvet and pleasant regardless of playing strong or soft with much sustain even in upper neck positions, which is especially important for concert playing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	955.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	175055Click image for larger version. 

Name:	960.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	175056Click image for larger version. 

Name:	905-910.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	175057

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vic-victor For This Useful Post: