Thread: Kentucky KM-950

Default Kentucky KM-950

can anyone tell me if kentucky ever made a 950 f style? There is one for sale but i thought 950 only A style.

Default Re: Kentucky KM-950

As far as recent (last 10 years or so) Kentucky Master Model Mandolins made in China the F style brother to the 950 is a 1050. The F style brother to a 900 is a 1000. In both cases it they have the same specs just A vs F. I am not aware of a 950 F style (850 yes). But to my understanding they were first built in Japan in the 80's, then made in Korea and finally China. So could there be a one off along the way?

thank you for reply. I am asking because i inquired about one on eBay from a seller in Japan and he assured me it was a 950. He then sent me pictures of the labels inside and they did say KM-950. He then changed the ad to read circa 1986. I am a bit confused by this however. thank you again

He only has it listed 7 times????? Who buys any of his stuff, the prices are outrageous?

Prices in Japan tend to be pretty high.
    That seller - far.east.man - has a big inventory though, and usually knows what he's got.
    Jim1966, where are you located?

See this post here about the F style KM-950 from 1985
    https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/t...-F-style-KM950