Thread: Wintergrass 2019 Vintage Instrument Workshop

Default Wintergrass 2019 Vintage Instrument Workshop

The workshop schedule is now posted on the Wintergrass 2019 site and once again we are doing a vintage instrument session. A terrific line up this year with Tim Stafford and Dale Adkins on guitars (maybe a few mandos as well). The workshop is set for Saturday, February 23rd from 4:15 pm to 5:30 in the Auditorium at the Hyatt Regency hotel, Wintergarss headquarters. It also looks like there will be some time after the workshop to hang around to talk about instruments for those who have an interest. This venue is smaller this year so the sound will be better but it may get a bit crowded so don't get there too late. Once again, we have some very cool and rare instruments lined up.

This workshop has been a highlight of the Wintergrass festival in past years (with artists in past years including David Grisman, Mike Compton, Kenny Smith, Chris Eldridge, John Reischman, Julian Lage, Scott Nygaard, Eli West and many others) and it promises to be great fun again this year hearing some very cool vintage instruments in the hands of such talented artists. Please come out and support this great festival and this workshop - hoping to see many mando cafe folks at this event.

Thanks, as always, to Wintergrass for making it happen and to D'Addario for sending new strings to help the instruments sound their best.

Mark
    Last edited by markd; Feb-16-2019 at 4:16pm.

2. The following members say thank you to markd for this post:

Default Re: Wintergrass 2019 Vintage Instrument Workshop

Thanks Mark. It's always been the highlight of Wintergrass for me. Others included...hometown boy Eli West.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wintergrass 2019 Vintage Instrument Workshop

Hey Mark, Sounds like a blast, I sure wished I lived close and I'd be there! You going to take your 7's? Are your tuners I fixed still holding up for you on your 34? Did Dawg ever get to see that 37 conversion you got from me? He goes to that winter fest right?
    What other rare and KOOL instruments will be there that you know of so us instrument geeks can froth at the mouth over? Shoot me an email sometime when you have the time.