Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If You Were Famous . . .

Default Re: If You Were Famous . . .

I'm famous in my own mind, does that count? Actually, I'm generally unknown under two identities, one for work and one for home/ the cafe. I've spoken with famous people, though, and some are all about themselves and others aren't, so i guess you'd say it depends on personality.
    --------------------------------
    1920 Lyon & Healy bowlback
    1923 Gibson A-1 snakehead
    1952 Strad-o-lin
    1983 Giannini ABSM1 bandolim
    2009 Giannini GBSM3 bandolim
    2011 Eastman MD305

===========

Quote Originally Posted by Randi Gormley View Post
    I'm generally unknown under two identities, one for work and one for home/ the cafe.
    Not to get too far off topic - but isn't that true of many of us who wear many hats?

At any given time (currently) I could be Mike Zito the File Clerk, Mike Zito the Record Collector, Building Maintenance Manager, Law Firm Receptionist, Radio Disc-Jockey, Sports Memorabilia Collector, Musician, Bible Instructor, etc.

As I told somebody the other day - I have done many things in my life . . . I just haven't been successful at any of them.

A forum is a place everyone can and should feel welcome that’s why I use my name. Even tho I’ve only been on this one for a little while ,that is the point of a forum. For people who have loads of experience, fame, and influence to be able to reach out and help the common man (me) with knowledge they have learned which in turn brings even more recognition to the famous person, and where friendships can come about simply by asking/answering a question that’s relevant to someone else. It kind of brings us to a level playing field where a noob could possibly meet his hero and not feel the judgement that comes from trying to be part of the In crowd and running to every jam and concert just hoping to get a glimpse of the mando greats they admire. You know my best chance of ever meeting some of my favorite mandolin players I believe would be because of this forum and others like it. What good is being famous if you never help someone else along the way. Keep Passing on the mando tradition brothers and sister of the Cafe.
    Andy Hoyle (Hoyle Brothers Bluegrass Band) not famous yet but who knows right?
    Hardwick Bluetone banjo, old Washburn b16 with an rb250 tone ring
    Custom Martin D28, and D45
    Tyler White #12, Eastman MD 815cs, Austin AU657 beater mandolin
    Several violins, eletric guitars, piano, Suzuki bluesmaster harmonica set, and my Dads old trombone from high school.

I started out using my real name.

A glitch about ten years ago caused me to not be able to log back in with it, but somehow this temporary handle that I used for an argument long ago kept working.

I may go back to my name, but I'll never drop my avatar!!!

If I was famous as a musician I would still play as often as I could at nursing homes each week as I do now for free. The residents we play for couldn’t care less if we were famous or missed a few notes here or there ! 😉

6. The following members say thank you to yankees1 for this post:

I am, but not as a mandolin player. I'm not ashamed of it but I'd rather be me incognito in an unsure environment.