Thread: Fickle Fingers

Default Fickle Fingers

Hello,
    I search references/albums where Fickle Fingers(Jethro Burns) is played. I discovered this song with Kyle Ledson (Mondolin Monday #148). On youtube we can find only this version and from Michael Reichenbach. Nothing on Deezer/Spotify and I found only a ref on the Jethro album "The Puritan Sessions" which is difficult to get(but not impossible). For now, I work this tune with the "Mel Bay's Complete Jethro Burns Mandolin Book" (with two CD inside) but I would like find Studio/Live version of this tunes.....

I appreciate if someone would have a reference to give,...thanks for your future answer !
    Olivier

In Illinois, halfway between here and there.

Default Re: Fickle Fingers

Try this linkhttps://robcoleman.com/jethro/index....hro/index.html
    Fickle Fingers is # 20 on disc 2.
    Peace

In Illinois, halfway between here and there.

https://robcoleman.com/jethro/index.html
    First link didn't work, try copying and pasting this.
    Peace

4. The following members say thank you to Ken for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Fickle Fingers is # 20 on disc 2.
    Something got messed up on the link above. Try this one for Rob Coleman's Jethro page.

Here is the sound file for Fickle Fingers:

And here is the same file slowed down 50%:

Whoops, I just realized that you wanted a studio version of (I assume) Jethro playing this tune.
    Last edited by Jim Garber; Feb-04-2019 at 11:26am.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Thanks Guys,
    I didn't know this link...it's really close from the "Mel Bay's Complete Jethro Burns Mandolin Book.
    And Yes Jim, I would like find a studio version (of Jethro would be great...)

It can be found on The Puritan Sessions

In the meantime, I wanted to hear the inspiration for this thread. I have a lot of catching up on Mandolin Mondays. Kyle Ledson is very impressive.

Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

This Mondolin Monday tune gave me the inspiration to work this tune ! And so, Yes it's a nice version.

Parts of that tune are similar to “Jethro’s Tune” one I have been trying to play forever. I took the one and only class with Jethro at a music camp in WV in the 1980s. He was amazing.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately: