Thread: Looking for intro to pure prairie league's amie

Default Looking for intro to pure prairie league's amie

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum as well as the mandolin. I have played drums for quite a few years and a little bass. My wife bought me a Washburn mandolin for Christmas and I just took off with it! Anyway I am looking for a good tab for the intro and solo to amie. I know it is based on a pentatonic scale, but I am just looking to see some tabs to maybe help me put it together. Thanks!

Default Re: Looking for intro to pure prairie league's amie

Whether you want the 8 bar guitar solo intro or the separate "Falling In and Out of Love With You" song, tabs for both are all over the web. Google is your friend! Try Ultimate Guitar Tab. They are all for guitar but transcribing for mando is easy.

Have fun!

Yea I saw a bunch of guitar stuff and a lot of mando cord stuff for the tune. Banjo Ben Carson broke it down a little on mandolin. I got wagon wheel in g down pretty good, copperhead road to where it's recognisable, and working on Mr bojangles. Amie just kind of came to mind yesterday, now it's on the bucket list! I wish I picked a mandolin up years ago I'm having a blast!

I am actually working on picking that one out right now. I don't have it tabbed out yet though. The intro is real close but getting out if the lead break is being a challenge for sure. I will be glad to share what I have when I get it tabbed out. Any suggestions on easy program to tab with?
    Thanks, Mike
    Gibson Jam Master A #56
    Kentucky KM-1500 89302
    Kentucky KM-505

I don't know of a program, sorry. I am follower in that respect. I would love to see what you have when it is done. Google banjo Ben Clark he makes it look pretty easy lol!

I use Tabledit. Great program for creating tabs and creating tabs from standard notationand .abc files etc.. Will also transpose into different keys and create tabs in alternative tunings. No connection other than as a happy customer

Try this. You will have to work out the timing but it's pretty close.

Hope this helps!

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amie mando INTRO TAB.jpg 
Views:	1286 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	175456  
    Gibson Jam Master A #56
    Kentucky KM-1500 89302
    Kentucky KM-505

Yes! Thanks Mike! I actually transposed it from guitar today and came up with the same thing. I am playing around with the b to c# on the a string, it needs to be a slide or hammer on of sorts? My speed and timing are not all the way there yet, but that tab is the right sound if you put a 2/2 swing feel on it.