Thread: K&K external Twin-EZ on/off method?

Default K&K external Twin-EZ on/off method?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a K&K external Twin, and would like to be able to move it between different mando's and my OM. Not for performing, but just for messing around with amps and effects.
    What's an easy on/off way to install it that won't damage the finish?
    Safe release tape?
    Would Shertler putty work?

I thought of getting a Shertler, but I tend to be sitting pretty close to my amps and worried about feedback, needing a DI and such, (not to mention the cost!)

Thanks!

Default Re: K&K external Twin-EZ on/off method?

Blue tak putty. They used to ship with the pick up. But its kind of a lot a trouble switching them. I thought I was going to do the same but I quickly went ahead and ordered one for each instrument. They arent that expensive.
    No matter where I go, there I am...Unless I'm running a little late.

Best brand of blue tack putty? There's a hundred kinds out there, and I don't want to damage the finish.

My JJB Marcato came with some sort of poster (blue tack) putty. No idea the name of it. Using it on my 1929 A Jr. Was planning on switching it between instruments, but just have gotten lazy and keep it on this one. Plus, my Strad-O-Lin has too much of an arch for the JJB to fit.

I would think all would work about the same. Just make sure you replace it every few times changing as it will lose the adhesion.
    Brentrup Model 23, Boeh A5 #37, Gibson A Jr., Flatiron 1N, Coombe Classical flattop, Strad-O-Lin
    https://www.facebook.com/LauluAika/
    https://www.lauluaika.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/Longtine-Am...14404553312723

Dave Sheets

I've used Bostick blu-tack putty for this sort of thing. It seems to hold well and has always come off clean for me. Does anybody else have experience with it?

You can get it from Amazon, and many other places I'm sure.
    -Dave
    Flatiron A
    Way too many other instruments

I bought the rubber putty stuff from local , non chain office supply store , down town, here , but

Due to the takeover of down towns by parking lot surrounded franchise mass merchant, chain office supply stores,
    and amazon , they closed.. more vacant storefronts...

By the way the blu - tack was white, that I bought.. but its the same idea..

Ive used the clay like putty that came in a tin with my Schertler dyn M no residue on the 94 year old varnish

Draftsmans tape , back in the days before CAD , was like masking tape,
    but its adhesive left no residues and didn't pull the paper up as you removed it
    So in that it was like postIt note stickum..

writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture