Hi,

For 20 years I was a guitar player (reggae, folk, rock, jazz, blues) before I got hooked on the mandolin two years ago. Now on mando I study and play mostly gypsy jazz, jethro-type jazz, choro, bluegrass/newgrass, celtic, and other acoustic music.

Now my guitars are almost never played, although every once in a while I pull one out to play a few songs. Although I don't play them much I would never want to be without one available.

I have 3 electrics (a 52 Tele reissue, a Strat, and an Ibanez) and a Yari Alvarez acoustic. The acoustic is more folky and not gypsy or jazzy enough. Although I still listen to electric music I don't think that I'll ever get into a band situation as a guitar player again, and all those effects and amps will just gather dust in my music room.

I'm thinking of simplifying and getting down to what I actually need. Here are my two thoughts:

1. Sell all the guitars and electric stuff and buy a nice gypsy-jazz acoustic guitar.

2. Sell all the electrics but keep the amps and get an Eastman AR805-E (with a neck pickup) and use it for both acoustic playing and occasional electric stuff. This guitar has f-holes and a nice jazzy tone, and would probably do the gypsy thing better than my Yari Alvarez.

Anyone have any advice? I don't want to regret my decision. I'd hate to wake up a real from now and wish that I still had that Tele!

Larry