Thread: John Reischman

Default John Reischman

John Reischman and Eli West were recent guests on the Old Time focused podcast "Get Up in the Cool." You can find it here, or I suppose through podcast downloaders:
    https://getupinthecool.fireside.fm/122

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A 4 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: John Reischman

Quote Originally Posted by A 4 View Post
    John Reischman and Eli West were recent guests on the Old Time focused podcast "Get Up in the Cool." You can find it here, or I suppose through podcast downloaders:
    https://getupinthecool.fireside.fm/122
    Thanks; I discovered podcasts only in the last year or so and love them.
    There's quite a few guitar based ones.

How is "get up in the cool"?

For you guitar heads "guitarwank" recently has a three part Robben Ford podcast. They apparently drank a bottle of Scotch between the three of them and I must say I learned some new stuff about Robben and his career. I've been following his career for quite a while too.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    How is "get up in the cool"?
    If you like Old Time, it's good. The typical format is the host, Cameron Dewhitt, plays banjo while the guest(s) plays their instrument. They do maybe four or five tunes, and in between talk about music, how they got into playing oldtime, and a little bit of their life. They play festival favorite tunes, newly written tunes, and obscure old tunes, depending on what the guest picks. So many of even the best oldtime players are not well known, so these are not interviews I would find elsewhere.

With John Reischman, I particularly liked listening to him playing rhythm and backup to the other two players.

Quote Originally Posted by A 4 View Post

With John Reischman, I particularly liked listening to him playing rhythm and backup to the other two players.
    That was one of my favorite parts as well. I like how he plays rhythm.