Thread: tablEdit File sources

Default tablEdit File sources

Thanks to Mandolin Cafe I have discovered this great program. I have downloaded and played some of the tunes listed on this site but cannot find all of the tunes I want. Italian/Irish/Classical etc. Tried some of the links suggested but cannot find files in this format? Perhaps I need to convert from another format. Its a great program as you can vary speed and the way the file is presented then simply follow along with the marker. Great, Great, Great. Can anyone suggest how I can get other music sheets into this format? Appreciate your help.

Default Re: tablEdit File sources

I'm assuming that you have the Tabledit software? If so http://abcnotation.com/search is a great library of files in .abc format which Tabledit can import and covert to .tef. Similarly thesession.org has files in .abc format.

Should be something there for you?

3. The following members say thank you to OneChordTrick for this post:

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dale Ludewig For This Useful Post:

The Amateur Mandolinist Mark Gunter's Avatar
    South of Cleburne, North of Hillsboro, Texas

Lots and lots of files at mandozine, Look in the menus at Dale's link. Also, in the past year I've often imported ABC files as suggested by OneChordTrick. Tabledit is great for writing down your own stuff, too, and though it is tedious I've also transcribed a lot of music into tabledit for my own purposes. If you locate other sources you find helpful, be sure to post about it here!
    WWW.THEAMATEURMANDOLINIST.COM
    ----------------------------------
    "Life is short. Play hard." - AlanN

----------------------------------
    HEY! The Cafe has Social Groups, check 'em out. I'm in these groups:
    Newbies Social Group | The Song-A-Week Social
    The Woodshed Study Group | Blues Mando
    - Advice For Mandolin Beginners
    - YouTube Stuff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gunter View Post
    Lots and lots of files at mandozine, Look in the menus at Dale's link. Also, in the past year I've often imported ABC files as suggested by OneChordTrick. Tabledit is great for writing down your own stuff, too, and though it is tedious I've also transcribed a lot of music into tabledit for my own purposes. If you locate other sources you find helpful, be sure to post about it here!
    Like Mark says and if you are into Celtic you can go to The Session and get thousands of Celtic fiddle tunes in abc - -the only "problem" there are usually for 2 to half a dozen versions of each there. There other sites that store tunes in midis. There is no shortage. if all else fails find a PDF of the notation and code it into TablEdit manually -- its pretty easy.
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks Guys....all great resources, I am truly spoiled for choice. Will join some of the groups suggested. look forward to sharing my growing love of this amazing instrument.