Thread: Tampa, Florida Needs Jams and Musicians

Default Tampa, Florida Needs Jams and Musicians

Yes we do. Are you kidding me ? This is a virtual Bluegrass desert. Even the local cable TV (spectrum) doesn't have Bluegrass in its lineup, while its loaded with Mexican, Caribbean and God knows what else music.

If anybody is here in Tampa, speak up. What do you play ? Sing ? Let's get a jam going here. The weather now is finally getting very nice for outside playing in parks, with the brutal summer finally well behind us. Let's start up a jam now before the heat comes back at us in April.

Default Re: Tampa, Florida Needs Jams and Musicians

Check out the bluegrass jams at the Woodwright Brewing Company in Dunedin:

https://gotonight.com/venues/venue/?id=9862

I am sure the pickers there would know what else might be in the area.

Also a jam night on Wednesday at the Ale and Witch Brew Pub which is downtown. An awesome group of pickets and everybody's welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Follett View Post
    Yes we do. Are you kidding me ? This is a virtual Bluegrass desert. Even the local cable TV (spectrum) doesn't have Bluegrass in its lineup, while its loaded with Mexican, Caribbean and God knows what else music.

If anybody is here in Tampa, speak up. What do you play ? Sing ? Let's get a jam going here. The weather now is finally getting very nice for outside playing in parks, with the brutal summer finally well behind us. Let's start up a jam now before the heat comes back at us in April.
    There is water in this bluegrass desert, I promise!

Every Wednesday from 7-10pm at The Ale and the Witch in downtown St. Petersburg. It is hosted by Fil Pate (www.filpate.com) and Rob Williams (me) and we always have a good group of pickers that shows up and plays a wide variety of bluegrass tunes.

We play around one condenser mic, a bass is always provided and normal jam rules apply.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Witchgrass_Wednesday_FB_11_2018.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	864.3 KB 
ID:	174649

Name:	101017_Witchgrass_Wednesday_51.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	174650

Other bluegrass jams:

Every Thursday at Woodwright Brewing Company in Dunedin 7-10pm
    Second Tuesday is Circus City Bluegrass Jam in Sarasota at the Cock and Bull 7-10pm
    First Tuesday at Molly Malone's in Tampa 7-10pm

Quote Originally Posted by targhee_music_camp View Post
    There is water in this bluegrass desert, I promise!

Every Wednesday from 7-10pm at The Ale and the Witch in downtown St. Petersburg. It is hosted by Fil Pate (www.filpate.com) and Rob Williams (me) and we always have a good group of pickers that shows up and plays a wide variety of bluegrass tunes.

We play around one condenser mic, a bass is always provided and normal jam rules apply.

Name:	Witchgrass_Wednesday_FB_11_2018.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	864.3 KB 
ID:	174649

Name:	101017_Witchgrass_Wednesday_51.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	174650

Other bluegrass jams:

Every Thursday at Woodwright Brewing Company in Dunedin 7-10pm
    Second Tuesday is Circus City Bluegrass Jam in Sarasota at the Cock and Bull 7-10pm
    First Tuesday at Molly Malone's in Tampa 7-10pm
    Thanks for the suggestions but for me, downtown St Pete and Sarasota might as well be China. I've been to Molly Malone's twice, but it's in Davis Island (far South Tampa) and I'm in Lutz (just north of Tampa), so it's a pretty long rugged ride at the time of day when the rush hour traffic is still around.

I'm just baffled that with such a large population place as Tampa, we can't seem to get a jam going here. I 've been looking for it ever since the Bluegrass Parlor closed down some years ago.