Thread: free set up guide

Default free set up guide

somebody here , a while back offered a complete how to set up guide of sorts, by just sending him your e-mail, and I cannot recall this luthiers name.I asked my wife if she would and she tonight, told me she had forgotten anybody recall who had made that generous offer/ thanks
    Mike Marrs

Default Re: free set up guide

You’re thinking of Rob Meldrum’s guide. His email is rob.meldrum@gmail.com. Don’t think I’m breaking any rules by posting his email as it seems to be fairly public...

Blog Entries

Be sure to add "Mandolin Setup" to the subject line.
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

yes thats it, thanks!!! what a great thing Rob is doing
    Mike Marrs

Thanks for mentioning my ebook, gang, and please feel free to put my email address out if someone asks.

As noted, just email me at rob.meldrum@gmail.com and put Mandolin Setup in the subject line. It makes it easy for me to sort through my daily emails when I get home from work and send the ebook out.

Wishing everyone Happy Holidays,

Rob

Got my set up guide from Rob last night.
    Looks very detailed and informative.
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge Rob!

Andy

Used it as a reference again today. I have the info in my 68 year old brain, which is why I always check and double check.

He is the man I wish would do a book on fret leveling for those adventurous souls.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Was this (cool) Setup Guide ever updated?
    I think I have one from around 5 or 6 years ago... it does not include fret leveling, for example.
    should I get a new copy?

I'll say a big Thanks to you Rob.
    I sent Rob an email yesterday not knowing if his kind offer was still available
    and in todays email was Rob's setup guide that I just read through.

Great and handy information, I might just grab an inexpensive mandolin while I'm building my new one
    and go through this setup with it.

HaPpY HoLiDaYs

A huge thanks to Rob for his fantastic setup guide and for promptly sending it to me yesterday.

I was an idiot and had already attempted to restore a Marco Rebora bowlback mandolin without the guide (since I didn't know it existed). Rob's guide showed me where I had gone wrong - particularly the section on intonation - an area on which I was completely ignorant. The mandolin now sounds so much better and I am confident my brother in law will enjoy receiving it as a Secret Santa present tomorrow.

Thanks again Rob

I received a copy of the guide from Rob!

I just got my grandmother's old mandolin and have been doing research to begin learning how to play. I found Rob's free eBook referenced in a bunch of different places, so I reached out and sure enough he is STILL sending it out! Thanks, Rob!

Received my free set up guide. AWSOME! I highly recommend this. Rob made a great effort to make a clear concise easy to follow guide. Thank you for your time and effort Rob.