Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stradolin -- How do I know?? Claiming it is one / False Claims

Default Re: Stradolin -- How do I know?? Claiming it is one / False Cl

Yes there,s pleanty to say about all of them. I like the Breedlove Crossovers that I’ve played, not everyone does. They have a wider than average fingerboard, to be easier for guitar players who find traditional mandolin fingerboards uncomfortably narrow. Goldtone—enh. Serviceable, usually.

My highest recommendation within your price range is to find a used Eastman 505, or 504 if you like an ovalhole, for around 500. A better deal than the new 305’s, big step up in quality and hardware. They are the perennial competiton to Kentucky.

Strongly recommend to try before you buy

Default Re: Stradolin -- How do I know?? Claiming it is one / False Cl

I got a Strad o Lin much like the more expensive of your choices. Identified here on the cafe as a 1942 model, I had to make a new saddle for mine. Mine is the sweetest sounding Mandolin I have ever played! It is not very loud. I don't use it at jams with fiddles or banjos but it is my first choice for recording. It also ended my search for a Mandolin ( I have 8 ) I have a loud Gitano for loud jams with a bridge pickup when I need to plug in, but the Strad is my favorite!

3. The following members say thank you to Jim for this post: