Thread: Schertler USA

Exclamation Schertler USA

Hey y'all!
    I wanted to introduce myself as I am the National Sales Manager for Schertler here in the US. If I can answer any questions or be of assistance, please just let me know.
    I will check the forum as often as possible!
    https://www.schertler.com/en_US/home
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GiuliaY.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	172756

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Schertler USA For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Schertler USA

Welcome! Really glad to have you on board. I love my Giulia and my stick-on Basik pickup. So easy to move one instrument to the next and sounds great.

Have a name other than Schertler Sales Manager we can call you?

Best wishes,

Bob
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

4. The following members say thank you to Bob Clark for this post:

Thx for signing on... I’ve been looking for a shop to test out the Giulia Y and David from Reno NV to Sacramento CA... no luck. Suggestions?
    Have even searched the CA Bay area online without results. My favorite shop (Gryphon Strings in Palo Alto) used to carry Schertler several years ago but no longer.

Thank u much..

6. The following members say thank you to sage1 for this post:

Sales manager:
    Welcome!
    Always good to have representation from a manufacturer, that musicians use..
    Reid
    2011 Black A5 (#9) Mandolin
    1952 Gibson A-40N Mandolin
    1924 Gibson TB-1 Trapdoor Tenor Banjo
    1975 Gibson MK-35 Hybrid Braced Dreadnought Guitar
    1993 Washburn M3 SW/TS F-Style Mandolin
    2004 Martin D-16 GT Dreadnought Guitar
    2006 Martin DC-16RGTE AURA Dreadnought Guitar
    1997 Seagull S6 Dreadnought Guitar
    1970's Kay KB-52 5-String Banjo
    1960's Pirles 4-String Tenor Banjo

8. The following members say thank you to treidm for this post:

Check out our dealer list, and if there is no dealer close enough than I would encourage you to contact one of the many who have an online presence and are very trustworthy.
    https://www.schertler.com/en_US/showrooms
    Private message me if you need any more assistance!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Reid!

formerly Philphool Phil Goodson's Avatar

So you still don't have a name?
    Phil

“Sharps/Flats” “Accidentals”

Yes, I’m Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by Schertler USA View Post
    Hey y'all!
    I wanted to introduce myself as I am the National Sales Manager for Schertler here in the US. If I can answer any questions or be of assistance, please just let me know.
    https://www.schertler.com/en_US/home

Name:	GiuliaY.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	172756
    Thanks,
    Dave

Please follow us on Instagram and Facebook too!
    https://www.instagram.com/schertlergroup/
    https://www.facebook.com/schertler.sa/

Dyn-M P48

Name:	DYN-M-P48.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	172778

It's good to have you but I'll follow you here. I don't do Instagram or FB.
    David Hopkins

2001 Gibson F-5L mandolin
    Breedlove Legacy FF mandolin; Breedlove Quartz FF mandolin
    Gibson F-4 mandolin (1916); Blevins f-style Octave mandolin, 2018
    McCormick Oval Sound Hole "Reinhardt" Mandolin
    McCormick Solid Body F-Style Electric Mandolin; Slingerland Songster Guitar (c. 1939)

The older I get, the less tolerant I am of political correctness, incompetence and stupidity.

Hey There Shertler USA, if that is your real name. I do have a question for you:

I have been gigging with a Schertler Dyn-M P48 (I think). I love the tone of it, but the hardware and how it applies is a bit of a problem. I feel like once it is on I can't take it off, so my mandolin is always attached, even during set break etc. Also constantly taking off the pickup with the puddy and putting it back on is causing scratches to my mandolin. Also, phantom power. Do you have another product that would go through an end jack and that is more permanent? Or anything that would go through a pre-amp. My teacher has an old one that has a carpenter jack and 1/4 inch and I think it is passive. Not sure if that still exists. Would appreciate any knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Levine View Post
    Hey There Shertler USA, if that is your real name. I do have a question for you:

I have been gigging with a Schertler Dyn-M P48 (I think). I love the tone of it, but the hardware and how it applies is a bit of a problem. I feel like once it is on I can't take it off, so my mandolin is always attached, even during set break etc. Also constantly taking off the pickup with the puddy and putting it back on is causing scratches to my mandolin. Also, phantom power. Do you have another product that would go through an end jack and that is more permanent? Or anything that would go through a pre-amp. My teacher has an old one that has a carpenter jack and 1/4 inch and I think it is passive. Not sure if that still exists. Would appreciate any knowledge.
    Hi Josh!
    I posted that my name is Dave, but I think most folks missed that. I will keep putting it in my replies.
    Let me try my best to answer your questions.
    The putty is inert, and will cause no damage to your instrument. Also, the pickup should not be left on the instrument. The putty is reusable and will last years (it's actually washable). As for Phantom Power, you can buy a small Phantom Power box, or of course plug into a phantom power DI, Mixer or Amp. We do make the Dyn Uni which is passive, but mounts the same way as your current pickup. If you want to go with something internal I would recommend the ResoCoil.
    https://www.schertler.com/en-US/shop/pickups/resocoil
    If you need anymore help, feel free to PM me.
    Thanks so much,
    Dave
    PS Here is just one example of a Phantom Power box.
    https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/psp5/...saAoyQEALw_wcB

Blog Entries

Welcome, Dave. Will you be at Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim? I always stop for a quick meet-up with Drago and to check up on new products. Be good to meet you. Huge fan of the GIULIA Y amp (pssst, I play mandolin, folks). Picked one up last year after the show and my ages old Trace Elliot amp that had served faithfully for 20+ years was quickly moved aside and sold. Good grief, not having to tote around that heavy monster I haven't missed. Another mandolin player around town used my Schertler once and fell in love with it and wants one. I told him I may upgrade for grins and sell him mine. Good stuff (yes, Schertler does advertise and support the Cafe... their products rock, there ya go, my disclaimer).

Hi Josh!
    I posted that my name is Dave, but I think most folks missed that. I will keep putting it in my replies.
    Let me try my best to answer your questions.
    The putty is inert, and will cause no damage to your instrument. Also, the pickup should not be left on the instrument. The putty is reusable and will last years (it's actually washable). As for Phantom Power, you can buy a small Phantom Power box, or of course plug into a phantom power DI, Mixer or Amp. We do make the Dyn Uni which is passive, but mounts the same way as your current pickup. If you want to go with something internal I would recommend the ResoCoil.
    https://www.schertler.com/en-US/shop/pickups/resocoil
    If you need anymore help, feel free to PM me.
    Thanks so much,
    Dave
    PS Here is just one example of a Phantom Power box.
    https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/psp5/...saAoyQEALw_wcB
    Thanks Dave. I am wondering is the ResoCoil similar technology to a K&K Twin or are they totally different? Guessing the Reso does not require any sort of Phantom Power and could go into a standard Preamp.

I don't think the Reso needs a preamp, it's impedance is more in line with a mic and could be plugged directly into the board.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

You are correct. It is a balanced output, so a 1/4” to XLR would be the best cable to use. A standard 1/4” cable works, but you lose signal especially at longer lengths.

Hey y'all!
    I bought a Schertler Dyn-M P48 from DjangoBooks.com. Great product and great service. Do you supply him or compete with him?

Just curious. I went to the Schertler website that you linked, but did not find him as a distributor under the United States selection. I tend to go back to those that give good service in the first place.
    "Those who know don't have the words to tell, and the ones with the words don't know so well." - Bruce Cockburn

Welcome! Love the resocoil (I have 3), and the Dyn-M-P48. :-)
    Davey Stuart tenor guitar (based on his 18" mandola design).
    Eastman MD-604SB with Grover 309 tuners.
    Eastwood 4 string electric mandostang, 2x Airline e-mandola (4-string) one strung as an e-OM.
    DSP's: Helix HX Stomp, various Zooms.
    Amps: THR-10, Sony XB-20.

Djangobooks is absolutely a great dealer of ours, but he is not a distributor. Check under the dealer list.
    Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving
    Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kurth83 View Post
    Welcome! Love the resocoil (I have 3), and the Dyn-M-P48. :-)
    Thanks for the love!

Dave,
    I’ve got wood cabinet Schertler David enroute to the house, should be here in week. Wondering if I can get the mesh screen speaker cover from Schertler, expect it would mount on the anthracite and wood cabinets the same way as the fabric speaker cover does?

And your recommendation for an xclt sounding but reasonably priced mic for vocals if you can?

Thank You

Hi Dave,

Hi, I am interested in a pickup like the M-AG6 sized to fit a mandolin oval hole. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave Martin
    <><><>><<><><>
    Start slow, fade early

Hi Dave! Just saw this post. Unfortunately there’s nothing like that right now. The Dyn M is the best way to go.