Thread: My solution to mounting the at 350 mic

Default My solution to mounting the at 350 mic

After some trial and error I have come up with a solution for a sturdy mounting solution for the Audio Technica 350 condenser mic on my mandolin. . I tried the usual solutions discussed here on the forum... various clipping configurations, velcro...but nothing was all that sturdy. I had an old cheap tailpiece cover, which could easily be found. I used small cable ties to affix the flexible arm to the tailpiece. I left the clip OFF. I held the arm in place and drilled a series of holes. I drilled 3 sets of holes, one on each side of the arm, to pass the zip ties thru. I snugged them up good n tight. It is VERY sturdy. I just slip the tailpiece on when I need the mic. This works exceptionally well. Hopefully I can get a picture up that will be worth more than an explanation.

Default Re: My solution to mounting the at 350 mic

Mine was to use the DPA Violin Mount that was purchased through Sweetwater. I cut the clip off of the AT Mic & threaded through the DPA mount & secured with the cable ties.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181119_092652.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	958.2 KB 
ID:	172777  

Default Re: My solution to mounting the at 350 mic

I tried that exactly. To me, the DPA mount was just not stout and sturdy enough. The mount would occasionally fall of. The DPA mic is lighter and more delicate I think. I thought the AT mic was to heavy for it. But, if it'e workin for ya that's cool...