Thread: Dpa4099 to line6 g50

Lord of All Badgers Lord of the Badgers's Avatar

Default Dpa4099 to line6 g50

Hi
    DPA do a connector that goes microdot (dpa screw connection) to T4af (line6 female mini xlr).
    It's a lot of cash though. I see there's alternatives. Anyone want to help point me to the right one?
    Hope you can help. I use wireless because I move about a lot and have already dropped the mic once off the instrument
    Cheers
    My name is Rob, and I am Lord of All Badgers

Tenor Guitars: Acoustic: Mcilroy ASP10T, ‘59 Martin 0-18t. Electric: ‘57 Gibson ETG-150, ‘80s Manson Kestrel
    Mandolins: Davidson f5, A5 "Badgerlin".
    Bouzouki: Paul Shippey Axe
    My band's website

Default Re: Dpa4099 to line6 g50

Maybe someone here knows better, but I think you'll have to bite the bullet and get the DPA adapter. I had to buy one of those back when I was using a Sennheiser wireless rig with my 4099, and I remember thinking the price was a bit ridiculous for what it is.

As a long shot, you could try looking on Ebay for a used one, or maybe someone makes off-brand adapters. However, since it's a critical point of potential failure in a wireless system, I wouldn't recommend a cheap knock-off if you find one.

Yes but I think they're standard adaptors. The microdot and the t4af. What perplexed me is you can find some that specifically talk of connecting to Shure products and others that specifically connect to others - but very rarely line6.
    I've gone from being quite free with my money to really sitting on things as I'm buying a house....!!

Tenor Guitars: Acoustic: Mcilroy ASP10T, ‘59 Martin 0-18t. Electric: ‘57 Gibson ETG-150, ‘80s Manson Kestrel
    My band's website

You could take the one off and solder the proper one on, that would be way cheaper. But then only if you don't go back and forth.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Sadly I do. But I have a slightly broken transmitter actually that I could use.. It's just got a broken jack mount
    Might be a plan!! Just need to find someone good with a soldering iron!

My band's website