Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas presents for mandolin players

Default Re: Christmas presents for mandolin players

Hi all, I know this thread is a bit old, but I found it incredibly helpful. My boyfriend just picked up mandolin, and is absolutely in love with it (big Chris Thile fan). He is also a voracious reader, and it sounds like The Mandolin: A History by Graham McDonald would be a wonderful read for him. It also appears to be out of print and difficult to find. If you know of anyone interested in selling a copy (I know, a long shot), please let me know, I'd be willing to purchase. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by lizard07 View Post
    Hi all, I know this thread is a bit old, but I found it incredibly helpful. My boyfriend just picked up mandolin, and is absolutely in love with it (big Chris Thile fan). He is also a voracious reader, and it sounds like The Mandolin: A History by Graham McDonald would be a wonderful read for him. It also appears to be out of print and difficult to find. If you know of anyone interested in selling a copy (I know, a long shot), please let me know, I'd be willing to purchase. Thank you!
    If you can't find it, get him "The Mandolin in America" by Walter Carter. Its available on Amazon or you can order it from Mr. Carter himself at https://cartervintage.com/collections/books-cds

Blog Entries

I have heard folks praise TI strings for the whole time I have hung around the Mandolin Cafe. But their price is a barrier. A free set under the tree might well be a fun experiment. It will either make you a happy believer or relieve your uncertainty about "are they worth the price?".
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com