Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TOH Weber warranty

Default Re: TOH Weber warranty

How much Orville Gibson 'content' is in a Les Paul guitar???
    Phil

“Sharps/Flats” ≠ “Accidentals”

2. The following members say thank you to Philphool for this post:

I am not certain that there is 'no' original Weber content in the TOH Webers. Design means a lot in these instruments and other than the recent neck joint design change, I'll bet Bruce's finger prints are still all over the designs. In addition to the value of the name, I would guess TOH valued the intellectual property Bruce held in those designs. Good for him for being able to monetize that, if that is what he wanted to do.

I have had several 'Bruce' Webers and loved them. I would buy one of his Montana Luthiery instruments in a heartbeat if that was what I was in the market for.

I would also buy a TOH Weber as readily, if that was what I was in the market for. Not for the name on the headstock, but for the quality of the build and the integrity of the design.

I have no doubt that both builders are supplying great instruments. More for us players to choose from. How can that be a bad thing?
    Purr more, hiss less.

I don’t tend to buy much of anything based on its warranty but, it’s initial quality, if they offer a fantastic warranty generally I never expect to use it. What’s the beef? Bruce says he will take care of things prior to company sale date. See post 48, thanks Steve.
    TOH will honor items after the sale date, quit complaining and go play some music!

If I were to buy a Rolls, I’d hunt up an older one, just to offer an opinion on that.
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by Timbofood View Post

If I were to buy a Rolls, I’d hunt up an older one, just to offer an opinion on that.
    I would skip the fancy car, buy a second small home, and fill it with nice mandolins...and still have money left for touring with the band!
    2007 Weber Custom Elite "old wood"
    2017 Ratliff R5 Custom #1148
    Several nice old Fiddles
    2007 Martin 000-15S 12 fret Auditorium-slot head
    Deering Classic Open Back
    Too many microphones

I remember taking a sales course, 45+ years ago and the instructor stressed to NEVER sell something on its guarantee, because the next question a person asks is, "Is something going to go wrong with it?"

Twice, I've had the chance to buy a previously owned Rolls Royce at a "workingman's price" -- both were clean 70's models, one was $5000 and the other was $10,000. BOTH TIMES the person selling them advised me against the purchase, saying RR parts and maintenance will bankrupt you. I passed both times, but was very curious to find out for myself.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mando View Post
    I remember taking a sales course, 45+ years ago and the instructor stressed to NEVER sell something on its guarantee, because the next question a person asks is, "Is something going to go wrong with it?"

Twice, I've had the chance to buy a previously owned Rolls Royce at a "workingman's price" -- both were clean 70's models, one was $5000 and the other was $10,000. BOTH TIMES the person selling them advised me against the purchase, saying RR parts and maintenance will bankrupt you. I passed both times, but was very curious to find out for myself.....
    In that time frame the car was made with extra parts. The factory would keep doors, hood, trunk etc. all painted with the same paint, same leather interior, so it would look right if you got into an accident. Also included a trip to the factory to learn maintenance. Of course that was supposed to be for the chauffeur. Yea parts are expensive.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

From what info I can gather, and the few I've played, Webers are still good quality mandolins. If there were any degradation in quality,
    their quality dealers would abandon them. I don't see this happening.

Bruce Weber sold the rights to his name. He's probably very happy. I can understand Weber loyalists being bent out of shape. Heck, I've got a 65 Epiphone Texan guitar. People on one hand tell me it's not a real Epiphone because it was made by Gibson, others tell me they have one too, bought new yesterday for $400. And there are countless electronics names being marketed that bear no resemblance to the quality products of the past.

And if I were running Martin, I'd take the Martin name off half the guitars they are making. I'd probably run Martin into the ground doing stuff like that. So come back and complain when TOH brings on an import Weber line.
    Silverangel A
    Michael Kelly LSFTB
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Hi guys! I think I finally have enough information from TOH to post some facts on Weber warranties prior to 2013.

1. TOH will continue to honor minor warranty repairs to the original owner as was stated at the time of purchase.
    2. In lieu of doing a major warranty repair, TOH will offer a 40% discount on a new instrument.
    3. If you pass on the offer you’ll need to find a shop other than TOH to do the repair at your expense.
    4. Bruce and Mary Weber, and Montana Lutherie, are not responsible for Weber warranty.

For all you Bend hippies: If I’ve miss stated something here please let me know directly and I’ll correct my post.

Sorry for all the confusion folks.
    Bruce D. Weber
    Montana Lutherie LLC

Oops, I just noticed my signature still says Weber Fine Acoustic Instruments.
    Bruce D. Weber
    Montana Lutherie LLC