Thread: Hartford, Waterbury CT jams?

Default Hartford, Waterbury CT jams?

I'm visiting family in Connecticut later this week. Does anyone know of any beginner-friendly jams in the Hartford - Waterbury area?

Thank you.

Default Re: Hartford, Waterbury CT jams?

Hi Dick, I live in Bethel, CT. There are jams in Newtown and Milford CT that I go to but I think you will be here at the in between times for the jams. They usually at the beginning or end of the month. Try looking on meetup.com in the area you will be in, that is where I found most of the jams I go to.

3. The following members say thank you to RandyC for this post:

Where and when is this Newtown jam? Is it public? I live in Ridgefield.

Hi Jay, I grew up in Ridgefield and moved from there to Bethel a couple of years ago. There are 3 bluegrass jams that I know of in Newtown. All public, just not advertised anywhere.

1st tuesday of the month in Newtown at my place pizza. 8 - 9 the jam is lead by someone. 9 on open mike at the bar.

1st saturday of the month in Newtown is the Roger Sprung jam. Starts at 8. This jam has an audience and you are expected to go up to the mic and lead two songs. This takes place at The Newtown United Methodist Church

2nd thursday of the month at the same church is also a jam but I have not gone to that one. 7 - 10