Thread: What would you like to be published?

Default What would you like to be published?

Hi,

my name is Florian Klaus Rumpf and I´m a mandolin player from Hamburg, Germany. Last year I started publishing music for mandolin and mandolin related instruments.

After my first publications with music by Pietro Denis, Raffaele Calace and myself, I want to ask you, what you´d prefer next.

I have 4 concepts to choose of.

1. Through the year with Raffaele Calace

12 pieces by Raffaele Calace (for every month 1) with little exercises to practice difficult sections.
    I thought about the option to print the pieces also in TAB.

2. From Viola da Gamba to Mandolino

The first volume will be 2 sonatas: Sonata G major, WKO 155 by Carl Friedrich Abel and Sonata D major, TWV 40:1.
    Both Sonatas would be printed in a version for baroque mandolin and a version for mandolin.

3. 3 Pieces for Liuto Cantabile, Mandoloncello or Octave Mandolin

I wrote 3 pieces for the Liuto Cantabile to expand the literature for this instrument. But the fact is, that there are only a few people to play the Liuto. I thought about arranging them for Mandocello, Octave Mandolin and Mandola.

4. 3 Pieces for Octave Mandolin, Mandolin or Mandola by Arthur Schall

Arthur Schall wrote 3 pieces for me 10 years ago. They´re originally written for the Mandolin. I´m playing them on the Octave Mandolin. We planned to arrange them also for the Mandola.

I´ll post the videos with Arthurs and my pieces after this.

What do you think about the 3 concepts? And what concepts would you prefer?

Thanks for your help!

Florian

2. The following members say thank you to fkrumpf for this post:

Default Re: What would you like to be published?

I'd personally say probably 1. It's the most pieces, pieces in an accessible style, and you won't be transcribing to an instrument with a different number of strings, so they would work well on the instrument without having to make compromises.

I would vote for number one too ... I'm finishing the first level of classical mandolin in Artistworks, so having Calace (with exercises) as a one-year project would be ideal ...

By the way, you are a VIRTUOSO!

Florian,

I play mandola (in G) and liuto cantabile professionally in the US with the New American Mandolin Ensemble and the Hampton Trio. I gave a solo concert on mandolin at the Eurofestival in Bruchsal last April, original works most written for me by American composers. I don't know if you were also in Bruchsal at the time.

Of the options listed I would be interested in seeing #3 (in the version for liuto and also an arrangement for octave mandolin) and #4, possibly to perform.
    Robert A. Margo

I would also vote for number one, especially if you added some exercises helping to master the more difficult passages.
    Deine Lieblingsstücke sind übrigens klasse!

This all looks great; but my interest would be in No. 3. I have posted in other threads (CBOM, Classical) about solo music for mandocello. I will be presenting a small sample of such music (not cello transcriptions or transpositions) at CMSA in a couple weeks and hope to start a network of serious mandocello music. Yes, not a lot of liuto cantabile players around (Bob Margo is exceptional in many ways!), but I ma seeing more and more mandocellos, so you might find a market there, and if not, I hope to begin building that market.
    I learned at Bruchsal Zupffest that most German orchestras used guitar rather than mandocello, so you will probably find more interest in the USA than local. Und-- Viele Danke fur deine werke!!

For people who do not live in the USA or Europe, buying books is quite complicated and expensive ... so the ebook format is a good alternative ...

Either 1 or 3 first for me, although I covet a luito I currently play an Octave mandolin so pieces arranged for that would be of interest.
    - Jeremy

Wot no catchphrase?