Thread: Looking for simple Mandola and mandolin duet music.

Default Looking for simple Mandola and mandolin duet music.

Hi all. Through a long process , I was able to get my wife to learn some simple tenor guitar chords, and now she plays and writes some of our music that way. Last week I ordered the Eastman mda 315 from the mandolin store for her to try out, and expand her playing. What I am looking for is simple ,tabbed out , music for mandolin and mandola duets. I have done a few searches on line with no results, at least not in tablature which would be needed , it was hard enough to get her to work on the tenor, she will not take the time to learn to read standard sheet music. So does anyone know of a site, store, or place of mystery where such things exist? Classical, or folk standards, simple reels, maybe even some upcoming holiday music? If they don’t exist in the shopping world, if someone here has some they created themselves I would be happy to pay a fee for them

My goal is to get her fingers moving on melodies, and expanding the way she looks at the instrument. Eventually trying to play similar music together with her on our Mandocello.

Thanks!
    Its not a backwards guitar.

Default Re: Looking for simple Mandola and mandolin duet music.

Hi Freddyfingers,

You might find some inspiration on this record - two monstrously talented mandolinists - and a guitar piayer

3. The following members say thank you to bbcee for this post:

That was surely sweet. But if I play that for my wife, she will pass out. A bit complex for the beginner.

If you're on mandolin and she plays chords on the mandola/tenor, basically, any sheet music that you can read that lists the chords will work. That's easy enough to find.

The reverse can be trickier, but do-able. It sounds like this could be accomplished using tab for any CGDA instrument, yes? How about this: https://www.willflyguitar.com/tenor-guitar-tab.html As a place to start, she can play the tab while you can take the chords.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viola For This Useful Post:

That’s a decent site. I will run it past her and see where we can start.